Chapter 16

Three weeks later, Falling in reverse was on tour and tension was dying down between Jacky and Ronnie. At first Ronnie was really pissed off but then he realized he shouldn't be because Melody probably didn't even have feelings for Ronnie or want to be his friend, considering she hadn't talked to any of the falling in reverse guys since the wedding. She was spending time alone and focusing on herself. She started doing photography and shoots bands every once in a while. So far her luck has been on her side and she hasn't had to shoot for Falling In Reverse, the only tie she has between that band is Ronnie's daughter who she babysits when Crissy is in California. Crissy was so grateful for Melody, without her she wouldn't be able to bring Willow with her to her trips to California. Now she gets to spend time with Willow while still doing business. Melody also takes most of Crissy's pictures now. Life was great for Melody until her boss gave her some news that she didn't want to hear..

"Falling In Reverse needs a photographer. You're the only one available." He said. Melody sighed, "Okay. I guess i'll have to brave it." He nodded and smiled at her, "Proud of you dear. You'll be okay, you'll have a separate bus and- Melody cut him off, "What? Bus?" She asked confused. "Well yeah, they're on tour and they need a photographer.." Melody nodded, "Like i was saying their are other bands on the tour, you won't be just interacting with Falling. You'll probably never see them beyond the stage." He told her as he was typing. "I got you the first flight out to Pittsburgh that's tomorrow morning at eight. you'll be gone for two months, there are tripods and lighting available at each venue you just need to bring your camera and laptop." Melody nodded, "Oh and when you get to the air port go to the ticket desk tell the person your name and they'll hand you your ticket." "Alright." Melody said before walking out of the office.

She went home right away and started packing her things. While she was doing that she was on video chat with Crissy, "I can't believe this, I know he said i won't have to interact with them but i'll end up running into one of them a some point." Melody huffed. "Things will be okay, you just gotta keep your head up." Crissy said. Melody smiled sadly at her. "This ruins our plans next weekend." She said. "That's true, but we can always hang out, they haven't been to texas yet." Crissy said happily. "When are they going to be?" Melody asked. "Uhm.." Crissy looked at her phone,"December eleventh. So I'll see you then, maybe Ronnie can see Willow too." Melody nodded. "Wait my scheduled says this tour started in October?" Melody said, "Oh yeah they canceled a whole month for the wedding. The other bands went through but Falling didn't." Melody nodded showing she was listening. "Alright well I have to go, my flight is at eight and i don't wanna over sleep and miss it." Crissy nodded and they said their goodbyes.

The next morning Melody was awake and on her way to the airport in a taxi. Once she got to the airport she paid the driver and got out with her bags. She walked to the ticket desk like her boss told her and told the woman her name, "Have nice flight." the woman said as she handed Melody her ticket. Melody nodded and walked over to security to walk through the metal detector and have her bags checked. After all of that she waited for her flight to be called. Fifteen minutes later Melody was in her seat on the plane ready for take off.

"Melody?" a guy asked "Yep that's me." She said. "Hey theres no room on the crews bus so you have to sleep on Falling In reverse's.. I'm really sorry but one of the other bands photographers had to move buses.." Melody felt a huge lump in her throat.. "Uh.. yeah okay no problem." "I'm really sorry.. I know what happened.." He said. "No it's fine don't be sorry." She said putting her bags in the rental car. "I didn't introduce myself properly,I'm Kyle, I photograph for Black Veil Brides." Melody smiled, "Hi Kyle, I'm Melody and you already know who i photograph for." he laughed and nodded. They both got into the car and Kyle drove to the venue so Melody could get settled into her bus.

Melody pulled out her phone and texted Crissy,

From:Melody
To: Crissy
I have to share a bus with falling in reverse...Wish me luck..

From: Crissy
To: Melody
Oh no! I'm so sorry, I hope all goes well. Remember Willow and I are just a video chat away. See you soon babe promise xoxo

Melody sighed she missed Crissy already, she was like the sister she always wanted.. She loved the feeling of being another Aunt figure to Willow, She had aunts but they were children. Melody thought that by now she'd be pregnant with her first--second child. She thought she'd be happily with Jacky and live in his home and keep it clean while he was away on tour, she thought so many things.. She thought about it every night before bed, it was like a thing she had to do or she couldn't sleep at night. "We're here! Welcome to tour life." Kyle said excitedly. Melody put on a fake smile and got of the car to retrieve her bags.. "Falling In Reverse's bus is right there, again i'm really sorry. Good luck." Melody nodded and breathed deeply before heading over to her home for the next two months.

She knocked on the bus door gently but hard enough to be heard by someone. She heard someone walk towards the door and it opened, "Summers." Max huffed. "Green." she spat back. "What're you doing here?" He asked. Melody smirked. "I'm your new photographer and i have to stay on your bus so move it asshole." He moved to the side and let her on. she noticed Ryan and Derek playing video games, no sign of Jacky or Ronnie. "Melody!" Ryan said excitedly. "Ry!" she said back. "What's up? What're you doing here?" Ryan asked. "Rude." melody laughed. "I'm your new photographer and I have to stay on your bus. "Oh. This should be interesting..." He said Melody sat down. "Tell me about it..

Melody sat in silence watching Derek and Ryan play Call Of Duty, "Melody?" she heard a soft voice say. She looked up and saw Jacky, "What're you doing here?" he asked. "She's our new photographer." Ryan answered for her without taking his eyes off of the TV screen. Melody looked away from Jacky and watched the screen, "Melody look at me.." He said. "No, I refuse. I'm here for work. We will not speak to each other unless it has to do with the band pictures.For the sake of the others we shouldn't talk outside of work because it'll end badly." She said without looking at him. "But.." "No Jacky, no." She whispered sadly. She looked over at Ryan and he was looking at her with a sympathetic look in his eyes, he could tell she was on the verge of tears. He may not have spent too much time with Melody but the time he did spend with her they became good friends. It hurt when she stopped talking to him, he felt like he had lost a friend he had known for years, when in fact it was just a couple weeks. "When's bus call?" She asked Ryan. "Already passed we'll be leaving soon, why?" Melody sighed. "I was going to go to the Brides bus." "You know them?" Ryan asked confused. Melody nodded. "Yeah I did a couple shots for Andy's girlfriend and became friends with Andy and things progressed from there." She said.

The bus was now moving and Melody still hadn't seen Ronnie, she also didn't know where she'd be sleeping. "Hey Ry?" She said Ryan looked over. "Yeah?" "Where will I be sleeping, I'm kinda tired." Ryan bit his lip.. "Uh the only open bed is back in Ronnie's room.." Melody furrowed her eye brows.. "See the back room has two-- she cut him off, "Yeah I got that.. Is he back there..That's a stupid question don't answer it." she got up, picked up her bags and walked to the back room. Melody sighed and knocked on the door. "It's open." Ronnie's voice said. She opened the door slowly and walked in. Ronnie looked up, "Melody?"