S I X

Vanessa
"You know when I get better I'm going to kill you right." I said looking through my gift bag.
"I'm sorry but I really wasn't gone do him like that. He really trying and I like that."
"Yea yeah." I said rolling my eyes.
"So when did the doctors say you can leave?" She asked flipping through channels
"Monday or Tuesday, I'm hoping Monday you know how I feel about hospitals. And I cant go back to work until I can lift stuff again." I said sighing
"Well aren't you getting paid to stay home ?"
"Yeah"
"Bitch then what are you complaining for, take this week off and get some rest."
"I know I know,  it's just that don't want to be there defenseless and Jordan come back. Then what ?"
"You can always come and stay with me and Anthony."
"I know but thats too long, I don't want to interrupt anything." I said eating my fruit.
"Girl you not interrupting anything, Anthony already knows what happened and said it's fine if you stay with us. Plus he said if your brother knew he let you go back to that house after what Jordan did, he would be mad as hell."
"Tell him I'm good, if i need anything or if i feel unsafe, y'all the second people ima call. Police gone be first." i said.
"I'm serious nessa call us if you need anything. I'm going to go get something to eat, I'll call you when i get there" She said leaving out
"Okay thanks bestie, tell Markell he can come in now"

"So how much time you got in here." Markell said walking in
"Nigga this ain't jail." I said laughing "And hopefully Monday."
"You going back home?"
"Yes, where else ima go. I mean I could go to Megan house but you know i just don't wanna sit at her house all day. I'll rather go home." I said
"What if ole dude come back, then what?"
"He's my boyfriend I cant just kick him out the house."
"You for real right now? He put you in the hospital. Look at yo face shawty." He said getting up coming next to me
"He not coming back to that house, I'll make sure of it" he said holding my hand
"You know I can handle myself, ima big girl" I said laughing
"Yea i know but i just wanna make sure you straight. " he said smiling.

Me and him talked for a while getting to know a lot about each other. I mean it's no date but I think it was worth it.
I want to tell Megan about the baby but I don't think I'm ready to talk about it yet.
Megan came back with the food and now we're all just eating and enjoying each other company. Even though me and Markell just met, I'm glad I met him. He's helping take the pain away.

"So what you do for a living?" Megan asked
"I run my own business" he said "it's not where i want it to be at, at the moment but if I give it a few years I'll be making no a lot more money"
"What kind of business" i said drinking my lemonade.
"Just know i sell things...you can say i work on commission" he said looking away at his phone.
"You want kids....or got any already" Megan asked trying to change the subject.
I felt my heart stop. This was a sensitive topic that i didnt want talk about. But before I could ask different question and he answered.
"Yea in the future, maybe like 3 or 4 years I'm only 22 i have a few years to spare" he said looking at me. "What about yall?"
"Yes" Megan said excitedly
"Oh god calm down" I said laughing
"Don't worry about me, answer the question" she said snatching my phone.
I sat there hesitating, i wanted to tell her i really did. I hate keeping secrets.

"Yea who doesn't" I said trying to sound cheerful.
"Dream car" he said looking at his phone. He's been doing that for the past ten minutes.
"A Jeep they are so sexy" Megan said
"Cars not really my thing. Your not even paying attention" i said
"Sorry i gotta go" he said getting up "But I'll come back later" he said kissing my forehead.
"Oh no it's okay you don't have to"
"I know, i want too. See you later" he said leaving out.

"A kiss on the forehead what was that" she said laughing
"Shut up" i said rolling my eyes.
For the rest of the day we watched movies on my computer until she was ready to go. I dreaded this all day. Lord knows I don't want to be in the hospital by myself all night. I want to call Markell but i don't want to seem desperate. Megan leaves and my doctor comes in to give me my pain medication, I lay down until my eyes feel too heavy for me to keep open.

"Nessa" I heard a voice
"Mhhhmmn" was all I can say. I heard them talking to me but i couldn't respond i was so sleepy.

__________________________

Markell

"How much you need big bru" i said to the knock about to buy some drugs from me
"Just enough to get me through the night" he said scratching his neck.
We did the transaction and i went on with my night. I decided to go to my moms house and check on them.

"Where you been at pussy?" My big
brother said.
"Hospital." I said getting my clothes ready for shower
"Who the fuck you know in the hospital."
"This bitch I'm trynna bag" i said rubbing my hands together.
"You a fool." My brother said shaking his head. "Why shawty ina hospital"
"Her nigga beat her ass"
"That's fucked up he need his ass beat"
"Yea he do" i said thinking
"That don't mean you do it, you just met this bitch and you already trynna fight her battles."
After talking to him, i did my hygiene shit and got dressed. I put on my black polo sweats and a wife beater with a black hoodie to match. I put on my black foams and left before visiting was over. I stopped and made another deal before going back to the hospital.

I walked in the room to a sleep Vanessa. I tried to wake her up but she wouldn't budge. I just let shawty sleep, I watched her for a while. She really pretty, even on her worst days.