019.

Hours later, Blossom and Blake left the concert venue. "This was the best night of my life," Blossom gushed. "It's definitely in my top five," Blake agreed.

Suddenly, they both heard a loud noise. "Fuck," Blossom spoke, realising that she did not have dinner and the last thing she ate was something that wouldn't pass as a full lunch, "That was me... I kinda forgot to eat." She awkwardly smiled.

"Come, let's go eat somewhere." Blake insisted. Blossom politely declined, since she knew she would have to drive for four hours and she was very tired. "No, no, you don't want to pass out on your way home," Blake argued and Blossom nodded, following him through the crowd of people, also leaving the building, towards a less crowded part of the sidewalk.

Blake checked his phone on restaurants that were closely and still open, and they decided to go to KFC, two streets away.

Blossom ordered fries and a large coffee, even though coffee from places like this tasted like they got water out of a ditch and called it coffee, and Blake ordered a full meal. Right when the young man wanted to pay, Blossom cut him off and quickly put her card into the machine. "Hey!" Blake exclaimed, getting the attention of the few other people in the restaurant.

"What are you doing?" Blake added, a little more quietly now. "Paying," Blossom said, entering her pin code. "Why?" The brown-haired boy asked, "I wanted to pay, I've ordered a lot more than you." "Yeah but you've already paid the concert tickets," Blossom declared, grabbing the receipt. Blake rolled his eyes but smiled.

They got their food, found a place to sit, which was in a quiet corner of the upstairs area, and they started eating. Well, Blake did.

Blossom sat there, sipping her iced coffee, feeling very self-conscious about the fact that she was about to eat in front of Blake. She knew that it was kind of stupid that she was scared to eat, but she could not not feel like that. She did not know why, but she'd always felt uncomfortable eating around people that she did not know that well.

After a few minutes, Blake noticed and said: "Are you okay?" Blossom felt that she got red, again. "I..." She started, not knowing what to say. "Hey," Blake interrupted, touching her hand, that was laying on the table, "It's okay, I get that you might feel uncomfortable, take your time." A comforting smile appeared on his face. Blossom smiled back, "thanks."

After that, they did not talk about it again, and at some point Blossom actually ate some of her fries without feeling bad about it. That was a first for her, eating with someone the first time they'd met.

"By the way," Blake stated, "do you want this?" He pointed at the food he hadn't eaten yet. Blossom looked at it and saw a big box of chicken nuggets. "No," She said, smirking, "actually, I'm a vegetarian." "Whoops," Blake grinned, taking one and eating it himself. "Do you want my milkshake, then? It's Oreo."

"Thanks," Blossom said, taking a sip of the drink, "not only for the shake, because technically I paid this, but, you know, for taking me to the concert,"

"I'm happy I asked you to go with me," Blake said. 

"Me too..."

*  *  *

this chapters ending is kinda weird but ok

IM ACTUALLY SO HYPED FOR YOU GUYS TO READ ALL THE CHAPTERS OF THIS STORY, some of them are so cute aaah

-ro.