034.

A few weeks went by, in which Blossom could not stop listening to the album that Blake gave her. She hadn't seen him since the two of them hung out on Valentine's Day, because Blake was travelling the country with his band. Blossom did not know everything about it. Part of her wanted t know everything he was doing, part of her tried not to think about that too much because she did not want Blake to think she was a stalker. Most of all, she wanted Blake to return home so she could see him again.

Blake had told her that he was in London at the moment and that he did not know the specific day that he would return yet. Even though the singer seemed to have a very busy life, he took the time to text Blossom, which made her boring days, that were practically the same every time, a little more fun.

Blossom had been thinking the past days. She did not know how or why, but ever since Valentine's Day she could not stop thinking about the dark-haired boy she met through a Spotify playlist. The way he smiled when they were talking. The jokes he made. The way his hands felt around hers. How comforting his hugs were.

But, every time she thought about those things, she also thought about how stupid she was behaving when Blake was around. Every time she made things awkward by saying or doing something stupid. It made her want to facepalm.

Deep down, she knew she liked him, and not as a friend. But, did he like her like that? Blossom was seriously doubting that.

One night, Blossom was so done with her own overthinking, she decided to call Shay. She had not talked to her since the day she and Blake first met, and Blossom hoped that Shay wasn't mad at her.

"Heeeeeeyyy!" Blossom heard right after Shay picked up. "Hi, Shay," Blossom heard a lot of sounds through the phone. Where the hell was that chick on a Tuesday night?

It was like Shay had heard her thought, because she said: "Wait a sec, I'm at the bar, walking outside right now." The girl heard people talking, a door, and then silence. Okay, Shay was outside.

"So, what's up?" Shay asked. "I..." Blossom thought about why she'd called. It felt stupid now, but she still said it: "I need boy advice." "Whoa, does this mean you finally got over Pete?" "I've told you this a thousand times: I got over Pete the day he broke up with me," She felt kind of awkward because Shay brought up her ex, "and I've told you a thousand times that I don't believe you when you say that," her friend laughed, " I remember how you called me, all stressed, 'Pete broke up with me for some french bitch!'"

Blossom would not admit it to her friend right then and there, but her boyfriend breaking up with her had stung. He had been her first kiss, and they had dated on and off all through high school. After graduating, he decided to move to Paris, leaving Blossom behind. The girl to this day had no idea what went down there, she only knew that they grew apart. It hadn't hurt that much, actually. Except for the day he actually broke up with her. No call, no paragraph of a text message. Just the link to the song "Bye Bye Bye" by NSYNC.

The brunette shook her head to get rid of the thought of her arsehole of an ex and listened to her friend talking again.

"Okay, but who's the lucky one?" "His name's Blake. He's the guy I was meeting when you were in the middle of someone, remember?" "Oh, yeah, I do recall that, somewhere between the memories of Brians huge-" "Shay, TMI." Blossoms friend laughed, "okay, okay, what do you need advice about?"

"I'm just overthinking everything," Blossom sighed, "I hate it." "Yeah, I understand that. Did he catch feelings for you too?" "I have no idea," "Oh, come one," Shay's voice suddenly sounded teasing, "you must know, how is he behaving?"

"I don't know. Friendly?" Shay sighed, "does he do special things for you? Does he ask you on dates?" "Well, there was this time he said I had to hang out with him and his friends, but turned out that it was just him. He compliments me, like a lot, because I told him I never accepted compliments, and he came over a few weeks ago, on Valentine's Day. Got me the album of the band we saw together, but he could just be friendly right?"

Shay sighed even longer than the last time.

"Blossom, I swear to god, you might just be the dumbest person on earth." "What, why?" "He likes you," "Do you think?" "Have you guys kissed yet?" Shay dodged the question. Blossom was silent. "Okay, I'm going to take that as a no. The next time you guys hang out, kiss him."

After a few seconds of Blossom being surprised that it was so clear to her friend that Blake liked her, Shay made her promise that she would make a move on Blake the next time she saw him. Then, they hung up, and Blossom laid down in bed, staring at the ceiling.

Blossom did not want to wait any longer. It maybe would scare the fuck out of her, but next time they were together, she would kiss Blake.

*  *  *