035.

The chance for Blossom to actually execute Shay's advice came quicker than expected. Just a few days after Blossoms call to her friend, Blake texted her, saying he was going home the next day, and he could hang out on Friday. She excitedly answered that she couldn't wait to see him again. He sent a smiley back.

But, the next morning, she realised that both Austin and Grace would be home that day. Fuck.

As the girl walked into the kitchen, Grace was sitting at the table, reading a magazine. Austin had already left for work, but his wife had a night shift.

'Hey,' Grace smiled. 'Hi,' Blossom sat down at the kitchen table, across from Grace. She wanted to ask Grace if she could leave next Friday, with Austin and Aurora, but how do you ask something like that without letting them know that you have plans to bring a stranger into the house?

Since Blake had said that he was going to bring something to drink containing alcohol, she did not want to babysit her niece that day.

'So, you and Austin both have a day off, this Friday?' Grace looked up from the magazine and nodded. 'Isn't it fun to go out and do something, then? Because you two having the same day off is pretty rare,' Blossom picked at a loose thread on the sleeve of her sweater. 'Yeah, that actually seems like a good idea. What kind of thing did you think of doing?'

What was far away, so she and Blake had some time alone? So, she could get over her fear and kiss him. 'Uhh, maybe the zoo? Have some family bonding time,' Grace started smiling, 'Thats a good idea, I haven't been to a zoo in years.'

Blossom felt bad for kind of lying, but she did not want her family being here when she was trying to make a move on Blake.

Days went by and suddenly it was Friday. Blossom got up around 9, woken by the sounds of her brother and his family getting ready to go to the zoo. 'Hey, you're awake,' Austin said, when she came out of her room. 'Yeah, I am,' Blossom grumbled. 'Someone is a little irritated this morning. Aren't you exited to go to the zoo with you brother?'

Blossom's eyes, that were still half-closed due to her just waking up, shot open. 'What?' 'Grace told me that were going to the zoo today, something about family bonding time? She said it was your idea,' 'Oh, uhh, I kinda meant-' 'Breakfast is ready! Blossom, I made your and Aurora's favourite, French toast!'

Blossom could not resist the scent of her favourite breakfast food ever and followed her brother to the kitchen.

'Blossom, Blossom, we're going to the zoo!' her niece exclaimed, already fully dressed. Blossom nodded and smiled looking at the young girl, 'I know, I know.' She quickly sat down and Grace set a plate in front of her, filled with pieces of French toast. She thanked her and everyone started eating.

'What are you most exited to see?' Austin asked his daughter. 'Penguins, penguins!' Aurora cheered, 'They're my favourite!' Everyone smiled due to the happiness the little girl, that seemed to radiate through the room.

'And you, Blossom, what animal are you exited about?' Suddenly, everyone looked at her.

'Well, that's what I wanted to say, I'm not going with you,' she awkwardly admitted.

'Why not? family bonding time, right!' Austin said, but looked at her like he was thinking deeply.

'Yeah, you, Grace, Aurora,' Blossom answered. 'Come with us, sis, you're part of the family too.' Blossom took another bite of her breakfast so she did not have to answer.

'No, Austin, if she doesn't want to come it's okay,' Grace said. Blossom sent her a thankful smile across the table.

About thirty minutes later, Austin, Grace and Aurora were ready to leave. 'You go to the car,' Grace insinuated her husband, 'I forgot something,' But, instead of going to whatever room to grab the think she forgot, she walked to Blossom, who's heartbeat started to race.

'Is he coming over?' There was no anger in Grace's voice, just curiosity. 'What?'

'That guy you told me about,' the woman raised her eyebrows, and Blossoms cheeks turned pink when she nodded. 'I'll make sure we'll be away until after supper,' Grace winked at her, before leaving and shutting the front door behind her.

At a certain point, Blake texted her, that he was on his way, and what alcoholic beverage she wanted him to bring. She answered that she was in the mood for something like wine and after that she started to get ready for this 'special occasion', at least, that was wat Blake called it.

Minutes seemed to go by a lot faster than normal and before Blossom could realise what was happening she was on her way to the train station to pick up the guy that she was hopefully going to kiss that day.

When she arrived, the train also arrived. She saw Blake, which made her feel a lot of different things. She could not stop smiling as he steppes into the car. 'Hey,' 'Hi,' Blake turned around and looked at the backseat. 'No Aurora today?'

'Nope, just us two.'

*  *  *
wow i'm sorry for being so bad at updating, this is kinda getting out of hand lol

anyway thank ryanair for delaying my flight so i had time to proofread and post this chapter.
-ro.