028.

Valentine's Day never had been a really special day to Blossom. When she was younger she got very excited, hoping the boy she was crushing on at that time would like her back and send her a weirdly cryptic message to let her know he liked her too.

After years of disappointment, Blossom realised no boy would ever send her a cryptic message about liking her, nor do anything else.

So, when Blossom woke up on February fourteenth, quite late in the morning, she was surprised to find a rose laying on her desk. After a few seconds of confusion, she realised what day it was. Fuck. The girl dragged herself out of bed to read the small, white, piece of paper that was tied to the stem of the rose.

I know you don't celebrate Valentine's Day, but I did not want to make you feel left out.

xo Grace.

Oh yeah, fuck. Austin and Grace were the type of couple to go all out on Valentine's Day. Most people would think about it as cute and romantic, but to Blossom, it just wasn't. They would give each other tons of flowers, those creepy teddy bears with custom embroidered text, candlelit dinners, chocolate and God know what they would be doing in the bedroom tonight. Blossom cringed thinking about that and decided to go downstairs.

The girl walked into the kitchen, seeing her brother sitting at the table, looking at a very big bouquet of the same red roses Blossom had found in her room, in his hands. "Nice flowers," She said, Opening the fridge, looking for something to eat.

"Grace gave them to me." 

She turned around and saw a big smile on her brothers face. She smiled too. Blossom may not like the whole celebrating Valentine's Day thing, but she was happy that it made her brother happy.

"So, are you doing anything today?" Austin asked after Blossom sat down at the table, with a bowl of cereal. She shook her head. "Ahw, no cute boy that's asked you on a date?" When her brother said the words 'cute boy' she immediately thought of Blake, but they hadn't really spoken about today being Valentine's Day. Why would they? Blake probably did not like her like that, and just was trying to be her friend.

"Nope, still single as a Pringle." Austin nodded and got up. "I'm going for a walk with Aurora, and after that, I'll be leaving for work." "Work? Today's your day off, right?" Austins face reddened, "Yeah, they just called me and asked if I could work." "Why?" "Eh... The snow, I guess. It will be a night shift, too."

Blossom turned around, looked out the window, and saw that everything had been covered in a thick layer of snow. "Fuck," Blossom sighed. She had hoped that she could go visit a certain someone today in Manchester, so she would not be lonely all day long, but driving for a long time with these weather conditions did not seem like a very good plan.

Austin got ready to leave, acting quite suspicious. Instead of the one small backpack he normally took to work, he had three bags full of things. When Blossom asked him about it, he stammered an excuse, after which he left.

Since Grace had left very early that morning, it was just Blossom and Aurora. The young girl wanted to draw, so they were sitting on the floor, surrounded by pencils, markers, and pieces of paper. Blossom did not bother to change out of the leggings and sweater she was wearing, because going outside in this weather was not going to happen.

Suddenly, her phone started ringing. She quickly grabbed it from the wooden flooring, where it had been laying next to her and was surprised to see who was calling. "Blake, hey," she stammered, after picking up. "Hey." They both were silent for a second. "Why are you calling me?" Blossom asked, cringing about what she'd just said. "Yeah, you know, today," the guy stuttered, his voice fading away.

A few seconds later, after he'd cleared his throat, he talked again. "I had the idea that we could hang out today."

Her heart started beating, louder than ever. Blake wanted to hang out with her!

But, the snow, the fucking snow.

"I'm sorry," Blossom replied, "but the snow. Driving with all that snow scares me." "Well, that's why....uhhh, I thought I could come to you, you know, by train."

"What? Blake, no." Blossom did not want him to take a lot of effort coming to Chapel, but also, the house was a mess, and Grace would be home within a few hours. She and Austin would not be happy if they knew that there was a random guy from the internet in their house, close to their daughter.

"Too bad for you, this train is already moving. I'll be at the station in an hour!"

* * * 

IM ACTUALLY SO EXCITED FOR Y'ALL TO READ THE COMING CHAPTERS THEY ARE KIND OF CUTE HEHE

i wanted to say something else but i forgot whoops

-ro.