023.

"Blake!" He turned around, and a smile appeared on his face. "Blossom," They boy said. "Hi," The brunette felt a little startled. Had this been a good idea?

After having a short conversation, they walked inside the small coffee shop, which was very cosy furnished. 

The space they were standing in was filled with all different kinds of tables and chairs. "Where do you want to sit?" Blake asked. Blossom shrugged, unable to say anything, due to the tension she was feeling, suddenly.

"Okay, let's sit, there?" Blake pointed towards a corner of the room. She nodded without looking and followed Blake to a high table with two stools. Blossom quickly took off her jacket and sat down. Why was she being so rushed? She didn't know. The girl tried to take a few deep breaths, which seemed to help, at least a little bit.

Meanwhile, Blake also sat down. "I'm happy to see you again, Blossom." Something about the way he said her name made her smile. "I happy to see you too," she quietly answered. 

"So, how's life?" he asked. For some reason, Blossom did not expect that question, "It's okay, I guess," she stammered. Blake nodded. "That's great. My life's okay too."

They were silent. Blossom wanted to talk to him, she wanted it to feel just as comfortable as it felt when they were texting, but she was too tense to think of something to say.

She looked at Blake, who had put his elbows on the tabletop and had folded his hands in a position that kinda resembled the thing people do when they pray.

He looked good, that day, just like he did at the concert. His dark hair was pushed back a little, and Blossom noticed that he was wearing a necklace under his shirt.

"So, what do you do in your daily life?" Blake broke the silence. "Not much," Blossom trembled, surprises by the sudden question. "Do you go to school, college?" The girl shook her head. "Gap year," she explained. "Go on," Blake encouraged her. 

"I babysit my four-year-old niece. I like it, even though she still cries a lot. My brother and Grace, his wife, both work most of the time, she misses them." "That's sad." "Yeah, I know, but Austin and Grace work at a hospital, so sometimes they can't help it."

Blake nodded, "Why a gap year, though?" "Got rejected from the university I wanted to go to. Did not really know what else I wanted to do." "So you're reapplying this year?" Blossom shrugged.

Suddenly, a barista was standing next to the table, asking what they wanted to drink. "Do you happen to have almond milk?" Blossom asked. "No, but we do have soy milk," the waitress said. "Okay, then I would like a flat white with soy milk."

"Oh no," Blake asked jokingly, after he had ordered and the barista left, "are you a vegan?" "No, I'm just one of those annoying girls that don't like their coffee with normal milk." He shook his head but with a twinkle in his eyes. "One of those girls."

*  *  *

heya guys, sorry of the delayed chapter but i was ill yesterday.

also, sorry if this chapter contains any mistakes but for some reason i felt too awkward to really proofread it (to me this is such a bad chapter, im sorry)

-ro.