036.

"So, I brought this," Blake opened the backpack he had with him to show a bottle of expensive-looking rosé. "Damn," Blossom said.

They had been home for a while, talking about how their past few weeks had been. Blake talked a lot longer about the adventures he had in London than she did, which wasn't surprising to Blossom. She did not mind, though. She liked looking at him while talking, she liked listening to his voice.

"I'm going to make you a drink, you stay here," Blake said, walking to the kitchen with the wine in his hands. "Don't drug me!" Blossom joked. She knew she should be scared that he would actually do something like that, but for some reason, she didn't. Blake made her feel comfortable, Blake made her feel like she could trust him.

"Oh shit, this stuff is better when it's chilled." Blossom laughed. "Blossom, do you happen to have ice cubes?" "I have no idea," she answered, "you should take a look in the freezer!" "Okay." Blossom heard the freezer open and she grabbed her phone, looking at a few texts she had gotten.

Blossom answered them, and a few minutes later Blake emerged from the kitchen holding a wine glass, filled with rosé and a few ice cubes in one hand, a bottle of beer in the other.

"Why aren't you having some of that rosé?"

"I've got a grape allergy, so that's not really a good idea."

Blossom just shook her head.

"By the way," Blake said, handing her the glass, "You look cute today."

Blossom felt her cheeks burn and suddenly, the ice cubes in her glass seemed really interesting. "Why are you complimenting me so much, Mr Famous?"

"Because, Tiny Hands, it's the truth. And, you've told me you have a bad habit of not accepting compliments. I'm just trying to help."

Blossom looked up and once again, got stunned at the sight of the young man sitting across from her.

"It's quite funny," Blake said, "how you make me feel when you look at me like that." Blossom felt a feeling she'd never felt before emerge in her body. It was like excitement, but a hundred times intense. Again, her cheeks got pink and she looked away from him.

There was a strained silence, where Blossom nor Blake knew what to say next. Blossom took a few sips of her drink, which tasted really good.

"This is nice," she commented, twirling the drink in her glass.

"My mum said I had to get it," Blake's face turned slightly redder too.

"I'm going to get myself some more rosé," Blossom said a few minutes later. The girl got up from the sofa, feeling dizzy already. Fuck, she had drunk way too fast.

"I like your eyes," Blake made known, after standing up too. "Thanks," Blossom could not block a sigh.

"Hey, don't sigh, I just complimented you," Blakes eyes sparked with confusion.

"That's not why I sighed," Blossom explained, "everyone always compliments my eyes. How beautiful they are, how interesting. It annoys me. They're not that special. It's just my eyes," Blossom walked towards the kitchen. She really did not understand why people liked her eyes that much. She saw them every day. They were just brown, with some weird green speckles.

"Like, seriously," Blossom vented, "they remind me of dog shit. Like a dog ate peas but they did not digest right, or something," she opened the bottle of rosé and refilled her glass. She knew that she was behaving so annoyed because of the alcohol, which tended to amplify her emotions.

"Sorry," she told Blake, who had followed her to the kitchen, "I'm being way too... I don't know. I don't have that much confidence, I guess."

He smiled. "It's okay. Wanna know what I think?" The girl nodded.

"I think you're funny, I think you're hair has the most interesting colour I've ever seen. I think you have a very beautiful personality, and I cannot wait to see more of it. You have a great music taste, a great sense of style. A pretty face, the cutest hands ever, and don't get me started on that damn smile;"

While Blake was saying this, Blossom stepped closer to him. His hands grabbed her waist, pulling her closer.

She looked up at him, he looked down at her. "So, it's not just your eyes that are beautiful to me, that I like, Blossom. It's you."

They locked eyes, and, surprise, Blossom felt her cheeks getting red again, but she didn't care, because Blake was blushing too.

"Kiss me," she whispered.

"I can't."

Oh no. This was what Blossom had been afraid of. Reasons for this harsh answer crashed into her thoughts. He had a girlfriend. He was gay. He liked her, but as a friend. She tried to block out the thoughts by saying: "Why?"

Blake laughed nervously. "Haven't you noticed? I tend to be nervous when I'm around you. I don't want to fuck this up," the last sentence was nothing more than a whisper, but it made Blossom feel weak in the knees.

"Don't worry," Blossom said, standing up on the tips of her toes, blocking out her own anxious feelings, "you won't fuck it up."

"Are you sure?"

Blossom did not bother to answer and pressed her lips onto his.

*  *  *

THEY KISSED WELL THAT TOOK AGES

aaah sorry for this late af update, i had to make some last-minute changes to the plot for the end of the book to be a little smoother. 

because yeah, this story is getting close to its end...

love, 

-ro.