020.

"I'm walking you to your car," Blake stated, after the food adventure. "Damn, gentleman Blake," Blossom joked. The young man shrugged and quickly looked away.

"Where's your car parked?" Blake asked after they'd crossed the road. "A few streets away," Blossom answered, suddenly uncomfortable. She knew that when they reached the car, they had to say goodbye.

Blossom did not know why, but for some reason, she always felt like saying goodbye to someone was the most awkward part of meeting someone. What was she going to do? Hug them? High five them? Awkwardly wave at them? Throw a chair at them? She never knew.

"Where are you staying?" "Hm?" "Where are you going, you know, to sleep?" Blake specified. "Uh, home, where else should I go?" Blossom questioned, realising she should have asked Shay if she could crash at her place. Or, maybe not, she thought, since Shay had been "in the middle of someone" in the same bed that Blossom would be sleeping in since Shay did not have a sofa.

"What? You're driving all the way back, without any sleep?" Blake's voice sounded alarmed. Blossom nodded. "I'm sure it will be okay, it's not that big of a deal," she tried to assure not only Blake but also herself.

"I'm staying with some friends, you can come with me," Blake offered, "I don't think there are enough beds, but I'm sure we can figure something out."

Even though Blake seemed like he could be trusted, Blossom knew that the one thing dumber than meeting someone off the internet was going to an unknown place with said person off the internet.  So, Blossom smiled and friendly declined.

Meanwhile, they had arrived at Blossom's car. "There's no way I'll get you to not drive back, am I right?"

Blossom unlocked her car, "you are very right." Blake shook his head, but smiled, "Okay, but please text me when you get home." "I will, but then I kinda need to have your number, talking through a playlist is pretty damn hard sometimes." Blake grinned and got his phone out of his pocket.

Blossom could not help but laugh when she saw his phone case. It was a life-size print of his face, and not in a very attractive way. "Nice phone case," she commented. "At least I know which phone is mine," he answered, looking a bit fluttered. Blossom grinned, patting the pockets of her jacket because she did not know where she left her phone. She did not use it the whole night, which was pretty unusual for her.

"I'll put my number in your phone, okay?" The boy nodded and handed his phone to Blossom. She quickly typed her name and number and added it to Blake's contact list. "Let me call you, so you have mine too," Blake said after she gave him the phone back. She nodded and felt her phone vibrate in her pocket.
"Text me when you get home." Wait, did he just wink at her?

She did not have a lot of time to think about that because Blake started talking again. "Hey, I don't know about you, but I had a lot of fun, tonight." "Yes, me too," the girl acknowledged. Blake looked down and picked at his fingernails again. "don't pick your nails, please," Blossom whispered. Blake looked up and laughed sheepishly, "don't ruin the moment," "sorry," now the girl looked down at the ground.

"What I wanted to say is, I hope you'd like to meet again, sometime?" One of the corners of Blake's mouth curled up.

Blossom did not really know what to say. Did he just ask her on a date, or was he trying to be nice? She did not know. "Uhm, yeah, of course," She muttered. "Nice, I mean, great, I mean... I'm looking forward to it." Blake answered.

"Well, I guess I should get going, now," Blossom said, realising that it was way too late to be standing in a car park, talking to a guy she'd just met that day.

"Yeah, you probably should." Nerves coursed through Blossom. This was the moment of saying goodbye. "Blake?" He looked up, and Blossom forced herself to look into his eyes, "thanks, for this." she wanted to hug him, but she was nervous, too nervous.

Fuck it, she thought, and she stepped forward and wrapped her arms around him. "Wow," She heard Blake say, but he pulled her closer.

When they let go of each other, they knew this was it. They both smiled. "Bye, I guess," Blossom blurted. "Goodbye, Blossom, don't forget to text me!" "I won't," Blossom opened the door of her car and sat down at the driver's seat. "Be safe!" She heard Blake say when she closed the door. In the mirror, she saw him turn around and walk away.

Blossom quickly drove off and within a few minutes, she found herself on the highway.

Suddenly, the girl felt like crying. So, that's what she did. Yes, she had a lot of fun, and yes, she was happy that she'd met Blake, but now, at this moment, she felt lonelier than ever.

*  *  *
stuff's getting cuter and cuter hehe