18

(A/N= media is Jihyo and Tzuyu because why not they are both little fluffy cuties.)

"I have a feeling we will run away from here together."
"Keep dreaming."
*************************

It has been about three weeks or so since me and the other girl, Lisa have last spoken. During those weeks Lisa tried to escape more than three times but was unsuccessful in all of them. The guardians ended up catching her and not giving us food for a few days. Which was fine with me, I was used to it since I tried to escape multiple times when I first came here. Lisa didn't look fine though. She threw up like every day which made me feel really bad. Seeing her suffering broke my heart.

"Lisa? Are you okay?" I said and went closer to her.
"Me? Oh. I'm fine no need to worry." She smiled sadly.
"You don't look fine though. Is it because of the lack of food you eat?"'
"No." She said quietly.
"Why is it then?"
"I miss someone." She looked really sad. Wait. Is she crying?
"Who?" I asked.
"A really close person to me."
"Hey. Didn't you say we will run away from here together?" I said trying to change the mood.
"And you said I should keep dreaming."
"I was sleepy okay? I am grumpy when I'm sleepy."
"So do you think we can get out of here?"
"We can't know unless we try, can we?" I smiled.
"Thank you."
"For what? I didn't do anyt-" She hugged me. It was something I needed. Something I longed for a really long time. Someone to hug me. In this dark, cold cell.
"I really felt bad. Thank you for comforting me. I needed that." She said while sobbing. She was crying.
"Yah! Wipe your tears I don't like emotional stuff." She got away and smiled. She mouthed 'thank you'.

-

Our plan was simple in theory but would get hard in action. We spend approximately two months planning our escape plan. We understood that the guardians change their duties at 4 a.m. every day, straight. It usually takes the new guardians to come and start their duty on average three minutes and twenty seconds. If it takes us fifteen seconds to open the cell door by using a hairpin that we found on the floor a few weeks ago, it will give us around three minutes and five seconds to get as much as guns as we possibly can and dress up as one of the guardians. Our plan is to casually leave the cells and get out of here. However, there is one thing we are not prepared about. We both never went away from the cells more than 10 meters, because we were never successful to escape. So, we had no idea how to find an exit once we get out of the cells. With my training and her abilities, we should be able to do it. But I am kinda scared.

"You ready?" Lisa asked while tying her shoelaces.
"I think so..." She smiled warmly. God, I like her! Ok. I said it. I freaking like her! But anyways, focus on the plan Jennie, focus on the plan. The guards were packing and we acted like we were sleeping. Once we were sure that they left I started to count.
"1-2-3-4-5-6-" I counted while trying to open the door. CLICK Done. I looked at Lisa who looked at me proudly. Oh my- my heart my heartu-
"Ok go out out out." She said while slightly pushing me out of the cell. I continued to count.
"14-15-16-17-18-" Our plan was to collect guns and other equipment but it turns out that the guards do not leave that kind of stuff back.
"What are we going to do?" I shook my head and didn't speak because I had to keep counting. "okay, just wear the guardian clothes. Let's hope that we won't need weapons." I nodded and quickly got changed.
"38-39-40-41-42-43-" We were done changing.

We had about two minutes before the new guards came so we quickly started walking towards the door which separates the cells and the real building. When we got out we faced a completely white hallway that seemed that it could go on forever. We started walking towards a random direction, trying to not look suspicious. There were no doors, windows. Just a hallway.
"Report." We heard a masculine voice say. We continued walking as if we didn't hear the loud of his.
"Report." He repeated.
"We are leaving our duty," Lisa said. We stopped and turned towards the voice.
"Which duty?" He asked and came closer.
"Guarding the cells. It finishes at 4 a.m. sir." I said.
"Show me your ID." He said. It was clear he got suspicious.
"Lisa." I whispered, "We run at three." She nodded.
"1-2-3" We started running towards the opposite direction of his. I ran faster than I ever thought I would be able to. Lisa was way ahead of me. But the guy... he didn't run. He walked really slowly. He wasn't even bothered that we could escape.
"Don't even try." He said with an annoying voice. BANG.

Dark. The words of whom I loved echoed in my head. "Jennie. Wake up. Please. I can't live without you. Don't leave me!"

I opened my eyes to the cold cell. As always, it smelled like old metal.
"Jennie, you're awake," Lisa said smiling.
"What happened?" I asked trying to get up from the floor but a strong pain in my stomach stopped me.
"You got shot. The guards had guns and we didn't. I was so worried."
"You don't need to worry about me. I can take care of myself." I said in a low tone. I just didn't want to get my hopes up anymore.
"You don't need to worry for yourself. We can take care of each other." She said and winked..? Okay! Jesus! eXCusE mE. I will have a heart attack. Stop being so adorable and hot at the same time.
"That was the smoothest transition I have ever heard," I said trying to hide my inner fangirl.
"Well-" She came closer. "I'm working on it." She came even closer. Kinda as she was waiting for me to make the next move. So i took a risk. i touched my lips onto hers. Softly. She responded to the kiss. She put her arms on my shoulders and played with my hair while i hold her waist. Right at the time, i felt something i never felt before.

It was pure. It was pure love.

"Jennie. We are here." I heard a voice say
"Huh?" I was confused.
"We arrived at the centre," Luna said and smiled. I realised that I was thinking about Lisa and me throughout the whole journey to the training centre. "Do you want to go in?" Luna asked.
"Y-yeah" She smiled, again. Which made me feel really bad about myself.

Oh boy, this book was supposed to be action but it's turning to a drama that my grandma watches at a Sunday afternoon. But I like it!
Thanks for all of the support, votes and comments. You really encourage me to write more.💞
See you next Wednesday💫💫☀️

~I'll leave a cutie here~