Chapter 9 - Kookie

It's been three days since the "You are" incident. That's what she called it, because she's still can't believe that THE jeon jungkook just called her cute , i mean he's jeon jungkook, the one person she loved throughout her high school. And worse is that she kept thinking about it and his voice was like a broken records that keep playing inside her head.

She remembers that after he said that word , the atmosphere turned awkward and all she can hear was her own heart beating rapidly. so she just finishes her foods quickly , say thanks to his grandma but not missing the teasing smile that casted on his grandma's face and quickly go back to her desk.

--

Now here she is , about to get lunch at her favorite spot but still can't stop thinking about that night. She's still in her own world and didn't realize that someone has been trying to gain her attention

"Yah !" Hobi oppa waving his hands in front of her face "what's wrong chae ? You're ignoring your food and just staring off to space" she shook her head and smiled softly "no it's nothing oppa" and start to devour her lunch.
She felt his hands ruffling her hair "if there's anything on your mind , you can always tell your oppa okay ?" She nods her head thanking him.

"I heard there's a party on Saturday to celebrate the success of some business deals" she looks up from her food "i know , people in the office have been talking about it nonstop" she said remembering all the girls talking about what dress they should buy and what heels they should wear.

"you should go chaey ! Make some new friends" she shudder at his idea
"I don't really know oppa" she told him while shrugging her shoulder. "Chaey come on ! You don't have anything to do on that day anyway" he try to persuade her.

"no oppa , i have no friends and if i go , i will only be at the corner just watching people" she explain while munching on her food "that's where you're wrong , you have me and seokjin hyung cuz we'll be going. Jungkook invited us and you can meet the rest of our friends. Besides , there's gonna be so much free foods chaey" he said while making this cute pleading face.

Chaeyoung know she loses when she saw his face because how can anyone say no to that face. And maybe also because she hears the word 'foods'
"Fine , i'll go. Only because you and seokjin oppa are going too" she sigh feeling defeated "and also because of foods" hoseok cheers and ruffles her hair.

It's already Saturday , and all of the employee is excused to leave to prepare for the party.
And here she is , in her bedroom still choosing what outfits she's going to wear. She wanted to wear some casual like jeans and just some shirt but that idea was turned down by none other than hoseok oppa and seokjin oppa.
"Chaey this is a party not some hangout" that's what they said to her.

'This will do' finally she picks a knee length black lace dress and pair it with some black heels. She just let her hair down and wear a thin makeup.

"Wow" is the only thing that left her mouth when she enters the venue. She suddenly feels thankful that she didn't wear jeans and shirt because that will be an embarrassment. There's a very big chandelier and some soft music is playing. She see some of her co-workers chattering away and some of the big names in this business world. And her eyes soon spot him. Walking proudly while making some small talks here and there. She's not the only one looking at him, every females in this rooms are all looking at him and stealing glances.

On the other hand , jungkook already saw her the moment she enter. He even chuckle at her amaze expression and think how childlike she is.
'Black suits her' he think and try to focus back on what the person in front of him is saying. Although his eyes can't help but to kept stealing glances at her.