Chapter 13 - Before They Realized

"Yes. Beside , you're always suck at being sneaky. Still the same. Then and now" she heard from him answered with his typical playful smirk.

It all makes sense now to her.

The banana milk. he's giving her a clue that he knew all along. But because she was slow witted she never catches on.

"S-ssince when ?" She ask back bravely looking up to see his serious face.
"Let's just say that i have a keen observation to my surroundings" he answered without hesitation to hide the truth.

The truth , that his object of observation was never about his surrounding. It was her. his eyes always follows her before he even realized.

And maybe some lady luck was on his side when he decided to show up early at school one day and found chaeyoung carefully put a banana milk and a note.

And although he didn't really like banana milk and he didn't even know why she thinks that he likes it. But he will always drink it right after he arrived at school and in front of his locker because he knows that she's watching from the corner. 

He knows everything about her before he even realized.

"Well.... that was all in the past now koo— jungkook , it was just a little tiny silly crush on you just a tiny teeny bit" she started to explain herself showing the 'teeny bit' with her hand gestures while feeling hot and embarrassed that he caught her.

Her Red cheeks. Her Rambling. And her Shy smiles. Her eyes going anywhere but him.

A familiar sight. She always looks like this whenever he caught her staring at him.

This is what he wanted to see. This view in front of him. Of her being embarrassed.

She was always cute. Then and now.

"Tiny teeny crush ?" He teases her not going to give up the topic "are you sure ? Because i've never not saw a banana milk in my locker throughout high-school and that explain something more that a tiny teeny crush" he added.

Now chaeyoung is pouting because she's kinda feeling irritated of his annoying remarks and his nonstop teasing.

So she decided to tease him back.

"No. I did love you jungkook" she bravely stated while looking into his eyes smiling so big and beautifully.

Although she was just kidding to get her revenge by teasing him back but it felt kinda good to finally said that face to face to him after so many chances lost in high school. And ended up being in the sideline.

While jungkook felt like his surrounding is starting to get blurry to make her the only thing his eyes is focusing on.

There are many moments throughout high school and recent events that he thinks she looks beautiful.

Like when she giggles to herself when she read some funny stuff in the books that she reads and her eyes will got squished by her cheeks or when she talks to his grandma so cutely that his grandma become her fan or when she first step in to the event last week with an open mouth because she was so amazed by the decorations.

She was and still is , his favorite sight to see. Then and now. because she let her expression genuinely and freely show and that makes her extremely beautiful.

But this is a different kind of beautiful.

Her. Smiling at him saying that she loved him.

Stop. That's what jungkook do to all of his movements. The only thing he can hear is his heart beating so loud.

Before he can even reply back he was cut off by her laugh.
Chaeyoung start laugh out loud while clutching her stomach "oh my gosh jungkook ! You have to look at your frozen state" she crack so hard.

"jungkook , i'm just kidding !" she explain while still making little chuckles here and there.

"Beside I'm not that stupid to hope for you to even noticed me back then so i never tried anything in high school" she added.
"You have a plenty options of girls that are beautiful and have the same status as you back then. So i'm good with just being a supporter"

Although it kinda hurt her to say these things but she have to learn to not fall into the same trap again.

She's feels like she's not enough to be with him because he deserved more than just a nerd like her.

Deep down she knows that she still and always will loves jeon jungkook. He will always have that special place in her heart. As her first love.

Seeing him still not saying anything after she cut him off is making her a little nervous,
did she go too far ? She kinda felt guilty now because she assume his frozen expression as a sign that he felt offended by her i love you's statement.

"Hey jungkook i'm sorr—" she was cut off by him.

"That's a little funny, you thought i never noticed you yet i know you park chaeyoung" he said with a confidence smirk "want me to say the lists ?"

"What ?" She looks at him in disbelief "okay stop with the teasing jungkook"
she chuckles "you know my name because we were classmates but you never know me , we never even talk until recently and it's because we works at the same company" she stated looking at him "anyway it's almost time to go to work and i really need to go back before my boss arrived , here's your banana milk" she put the banana milk on his palm "i'll come back again tomorrow"

She was already start walking when she heard him.

"Her name is Park chaeyoung. She like foods especially kimchi stew but she hate anything related to avocado , she like to read and draw while sitting behind a tree in the school backyard , she always gave a big smile to anyone even when everyone was bullying or mocking her , she like soft color especially baby pink because i've seen her wear that color the most , she likes to ramble a lot when she's nervous and the list still goes on" he stated with confidence boosting through his system.

He's confused on why he did this , spewing everything.

His heart just felt stuffed hearing the word 'loved'.
which trigger something in him.

Actually Before they even realized , they were both in the same sideline back then.

The girl was in the sideline for not brave enough to say 'i love you'

The boy was in the sideline for being in denial that 'he loves her'

"And i know damn well that she loved me back in high school and still in love with me even after all these years because she has this cute expression earlier , the same expression of the park chaeyoung back in high school"
he continued to talks while start to slowly walk over toward her

"the park chaeyoung that loves jeon jungkook" he stops right in front of her with his nose almost touching hers.