─ ❝ PROLOGUE ❞ ─

Everyone has a soul mate, bound together with an invisible red string tied to each other's pinky finger

PROLOGUE

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

SHE SITS ON THE ROOFTOP of an abandoned building, swinging her feet off the edge. It is the dead of night and the only sounds that can be heard are the faint hum of cars along with the flapping of the girl's kimono in the wind.

(y/n) (l/n) sees the world differently to everyone else. Through her eyes, she can see multiple red strings, tangled together and flying everywhere. Her world has been like this since her fourth birthday, the day she developed her quirk.

After (y/n) turned four, the very first red string she saw was tied to her mother and father. Unaware of her power, the girl reached out and pulled it causing the red string to fall apart in her grasp. The once connected string was now in two separate pieces.

It wasn't just that one. Days went by and the young girl had pulled many more strings out of interest and curiosity. Both parents had noticed the girl's habit of reaching out and grabbing thin air, so they brought her to a doctor. They discovered that she had developed her quirk but wasn't sure of what exactly it was. Of course they had asked the girl but all she said in reply was that there were red strings everywhere so they assumed it was just another weak quirk and dismissed it.

A few years passed and (y/n) was now eight years old. She was quite an intelligent child and now had a simple understanding of her quirk. She had researched about the red strings and had found out about the red string of fate legend which she then figured was her quirk. A quirk of just being able to see them, tie them and break them, changing peoples' soul mates. Because of this, she learned to stop pulling the strings.

What (y/n) couldn't remember was that she was the one who broke her parents' red string. She had noticed that they both had cut strings but she had seen some other people with the same severed strings so she thought it was normal. The only string she couldn't see was her own and so she had always wondered if she would ever have a soul mate.

"(y/n), here's a new assignment for you. I expect it done by tonight," A man with pale blue hair calls out from behind her as the cool night breeze continues to blow.

"Understood." She simply replies, gazing up at the stars one last time before getting up and approaching the man.

(y/n) is a villain but is also referred to as an assassin. A strong one which has ended the lives of many. She has even made a name for herself. Doll. It was probably because of her looks. Her smooth and unscathed (s/n) skin, her (h/l) (h/c) hair that perfectly frames her face and her dull (e/c) eyes that show little emotion. She looks like a traditional doll which sits in the back of a store, simply staring into space in the dark.

Only a few have lived to see this young villain. One is the pro-hero Eraser Head, an annoying hero. When she first encountered him she didn't expect her quirk to be erased and so when it was, she had to escape as she was unsure if her quirk would return. After a bit of running her quirk came back to her and she swiftly made her escape. She then trained herself to be able to use the katana in case she faces people like him again. She's met him a few times since but tends to avoid battle because she has no reason to fight such a troublesome hero.

Heroes. (y/n) doesn't hate heroes nor does she like them. She thinks they are annoying when they go after her but who can blame them? She's killed too many to count.

The villains on the other hand, like (y/n) but she doesn't care about the them either, sure they kill people but she does too. But the only difference between them and her is that (y/n) never wants to kill people, she just does. Her life consists of assassinations and darkness, the life of a villain. She never really had any wishes. If she ever needed something, she'd just take it. It wasn't until that fateful encounter when she began to want something for the first time.

It was at age 13 when she first met him. Well, she didn't really meet him, but she saw him. He stood out to her for some reason, with his spiky ash blonde hair with bright red eyes, similar to Shigaraki's but full of life and innocence. She thought he was beautiful. Beautiful. It was a word she rarely had the need to use. Why would she? Always covered in blood. Surrounded in darkness. The only time she witnessed beauty was when she'd sit on rooftops at night and look up at the stars that were littered throughout the sky.

There was another thing different that day. Something that she imagined would happen in her dreams if she didn't suffer from nightmares every night. The string that had never appeared on her pinky finger, made its appearance when she locked eyes with him. The string glowed red while it formed and she gazed at it in awe. After 2 years of no emotion, it was the first time her eyes had lit up. But it only lasted a second. She tore her eyes away from the mysterious boy before turning around then walking away. She walked away from the soulmate she had always wanted to meet. Hers.

His face seemed to always stay engraved in her mind. Why did she walk away that day? Because she is a villain. A villain which has ended the lives of many. She could cut it. Cut the string making her have these thoughts but every time she is about to, she stops. When she looks down at the string she recalls the moment she met him, the glowing of the string and his bright red eyes. And so she never does cut it.

But a villain's life is a cruel one, especially for a girl who was dragged into this world full of obscurity. And so she locks that desire away deep in her heart, hoping that the key of fate won't open it and bring it back up.

(y/n) (l/n), a young girl of 14 years.

A villain that has murdered many.

The only thing she wants is to meet that ash-blonde boy just one more time.

How did a girl of only 14 years end up in such a sad state? Well the tale of this girl's life is a tragic one...

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

❝WHY DID FATE CHOOSE YOU?❞