❥ 26『ruin』

t w e n t y  s i x

t w e n t y  s i x

RUIN

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

(Y/N) STRUGGLED TO GET HER HEAD AROUND WHAT WAS HAPPENING. For a quick thinker like her, this situation was making her light-headed. Or maybe it was just that she refused to believe it. She refused to believe she was back with the villains and Shigaraki. And to make matters worse, she wasn't alone. Bakugou was here with her.

If she had acted just a second quicker, maybe she could have cut the scar covered villain's arm off before they were transported away. But it was too late. Bakugou was now strapped to a chair, unable to fight and (y/n) was sitting beside Shigaraki. His hand, except for a pinky finger, was on her shoulder as if silently warning her that if she acted, there would be punishment.

She couldn't bring herself to look at Bakugou in the eye. Her eyes remained locked on the counter in front of her. She was ashamed. Ashamed that she couldn't save him back there, that she couldn't save him now, and that she was standing with the villains.

Bakugou, on the other hand, was staring directly at her and Shigaraki. (y/n)'s eyes held a storm of different emotions at the contact and he hated it. He could tell she was uncomfortable, the fear in her eyes might go unnoticed by the other villains but to him, it was as clear as day. And there was something else. She didn't hold just fear. Her look was different from her usual calculating self, it was more washed away. Like she had given up.

"So you're finally back (y/n)," A smile stretched out across Shigaraki's gaunt features, wide enough to show through his father's hand.

"Took you long enough," She shrugged before realising what she had just said. Without even realising, her speech patterns had changed after being in Class A and now she had just voiced something sarcastically. If she was her old self, she would have simply replied with a "yes" or a nod. Thankfully, Shigaraki's grin didn't falter but (y/n) shuddered under his gaze.

"It may be sudden but..." He began, piquing the interest of everyone in the room.

"Aspiring hero, Bakugou Katsuki. Won't you become one of my comrades?"

(y/n)'s face washed blank with confusion, her body sitting up slightly in alert at those words. It never crossed her mind that this would be the reason for Shigaraki kidnapping Bakugou as well. Her brain couldn't work fast enough to take in all this new information from her wide eyes. After thinking more deeply, she could see how outsiders might think he held villainous traits. But for (y/n) who had been with him for a few months, she knew that this wasn't the case. He just had trouble controlling his anger sometimes that's all. Bakugou had a strong ambition to become a hero just like the rest of U.A, he just showed it differently. A strange aura caused her to snap back to focus. She could tell Shigaraki's eyes lurking over her once more without even sparing him a quick glance.