❥ 30『my fate』

t h i r t y

t h i r t y

MY FATE

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

AIZAWA WAS SKEPTICAL about taking Bakugou on their rescue mission. Firstly, Bakugou was refusing to tell them where the string was, insisting he would be the one to show them. Secondly, how could Aizawa know if this was all just Bakugou's hallucination from being more sleep deprived than Aizawa himself.

"Remember Bakugou, if we do find her, do not-"

"I know okay, shut up already!" Bakugou cut Midnight off. He was pissed at the fact that Endeavour and any other big shot heroes weren't coming with them. What could they do with just the U.A teacher team and himself? If she really was in danger, he knew he wouldn't be able to save her. They needed stronger heroes.

The red string was so clear despite still being far away. Bakugou was growing more irritated by the minute, they didn't seem to be getting any closer to it.

Was it really a hallucination?

He refused to believe it. And so he carried on, teeth gritted and eyes glued to the glowing red.

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

The villains were a drunken mess. (Y/n) included.

Her comrades drank away their sorrows from their companions death. (Y/n) just drank to forget. She wanted to escape. Escape from here, where Shigaraki held her captive. Escape from her memories, of the pain and loneliness. Escape from herself, she who killed many.

That one word looped in her mind.

Escape.

Escape.

Escape.

She was regaining focus. Wasn't this a chance she would get again for a long time? With all the villains weakened, she only had to worry about Shigaraki. And who knows where the fuck he was right now. But did it matter? She'd have to face him either way.

She knew that.

But meeting him face to face when she opened the door caused her to visibly flinch. She didn't miss his hand reaching towards her as he rambled about her betrayal. However, she wasn't going to accept his shattering touch. 

Strings tightened around Shigaraki. For wrists that looked like they could snap any second, it was tougher to cut into than she thought. She didn't cut very deep into him when the red turned to grey dust.

There was no time to waste. If he neared her, she was done for. String after string she launched, with her back now facing the way of escape, she began to leap backward.

Yes, she way managing to get away from the base. But she was taking Shigaraki with her. All she had to do was wrap all these strings around both Shigaraki's wrists so they wouldn't be able to move. Why couldn't she do it? Was it because the distance between them was making it easy to get the strings before they caught him?

An outcome wasn't going to happen any time soon at this rate so, (y/n) decided she would have to choose a different approach. Closing in would put Shigaraki at an advantage but in the same way it would also give her an advantage. She could do it, right? (y/n) wasn't scared. Had she moved on from her fear? Or was this the effect of the alcohol. Despite it still being in her system, her mind was oddly clear. She could do this. 

Or so she thought. The lonely girl was always thinking of Bakugou and Aizawa, but when images of them emerged from the woods she momentarily came to a halt from the shock anyway. She thought she was used to seeing them anywhere at anytime. But she wasn't. And it costed her an arm. 

"You..." Shigaraki exclaimed, his eyes darting over to see Bakugou, Midnight and Aizawa as his hand sunk into (y/n)'s lower arm. 

Before Aizawa could even think of using his quirk, the rest of the league joined the party leaving the three newcomers in dismay.

This was not going according to plan.

Midnight cursed as she sent out help alerts amidst the bustle, this is why she had been pestering Bakugou that they were only going to scout the base, not to rescue (y/n) just yet. She knew she shouldn't blame the young teen but if he had told them that they were getting closer earlier, they could've dealt with this differently. 

Red snapped around Shigaraki's wrists, pulling tight as (y/n) could handle despite her arm disappearing by the second. It wasn't until a few moments later that Shigaraki chose to disintegrate the strings instead of her flesh. 

Every second felt like an hour. The pain was making (y/n)'s head swirl but she needed to focus. For herself. 

And for him. 

Why did he have to be here? Was she glad? Maybe. With them here maybe she could make it out. But what if they couldn't. What if along with her dying, they all died too? No. She couldn't let that happen. It wouldn't. 

Toga's gleeful squeals, Dabi's flame, Shigaraki's hands. Bakugou. 

There was too much to focus on. (y/n) didn't trust Bakugou. He wasn't strong enough to be here yet. He needed to get out. 

Aizawa's bandages. Midnight's perfume. Bakugou. 

Why did Aizawa and Midnight bring him here? How did they get here? Why are they here? 

Kurogiri's portals. Bakugou. 

She lurched forward, trying to reach him. For a moment, Bakugou could see it too. The red string tying their fates together, falling apart as (y/n) ran into the portal and appeared in front of him.

But he wasn't alone with her.

(Y/n)'s arms were clutching Toga in a tight embrace.

The red string, trying so desperately to stay together, erupted into glitter and dust, rising up into the sky. Such beautiful scenery caused dread to engulf Bakugou.

Toga's arms, with a blade in each hand, embedded into (y/n)'s stomach.

The chirpy villain soon leapt away, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips as she met Shigaraki's stare.

Expecting to hit the concrete, (y/n) braced herself for the incoming pain.  Instead she landed in Bakugou's arms, but why did it hurt so much more to see him looking down at her with such fear in his eyes?

Death.

Was this what she had always desired? This dark and lonely place? No. She didn't want to die. Not when she was yet to do so much.

Was this all just a dream? Although the knives were still inside her, she couldn't feel any pain.  All she could see was black, a void of nothingness and no light to guide her out. All she could feel was the cold, with her body numb to the sense of touch. All she could hear was Bakugou's voice so desperately trying to pull her out of her trance.

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

❝WHY DID FATE CHOOSE YOU?❞