❥ 28『a crack in the glass』

t w e n t y  e i g h t 

A CRACK IN THE GLASS

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

AT THE SOUND OF THE BELL, BAKUGOU SNATCHED HIS BAG. Within seconds, he was out the door leaving the class still in their seats watching the open door with anxious eyes. Where Bakugou was going wasn't a mystery. They all knew without being told. He was trying to find her.

No one tried to stop him. It was dangerous to try and find a villain hideout and rescue (y/n) but even then they didn't say a word. It not that the class wasn't worried about Bakugou. It was that they had lost hope. They had lost hope in her ever being found. The pro-heroes had searched for the league for a week and not a single trace was discovered. They were soon forced to give up and carry on with their regular activities. With All Might gone, the heroes now had their hands full so spending time searching for a few villains when they could be anywhere in the country was not a priority.

Bakugou was the only one still trying. He trudged through the alleys of a neighbourhood city, kicking the metal bins so they clattered, the contents spilling onto stained bricks. He was over staying in his dorm mourning over what he didn't do. So he was going to act now. He wouldn't give up like the heroes did either. Not while (y/n) could be suffering at this very moment. She couldn't be dead. Why would someone as stubborn as her give up? Exactly. She wouldn't.

But he knew what those villains were like. Did she stand a chance against them? His fist made contact with the grimy wall, his knuckles cracking open for blood to splatter onto his shoes.

"Don't. Think. About. It," He persuaded himself through clenched teeth.

The buzzing sound from the city began to quieten as Bakugou ventured further into the unknown territory. The light from the setting sun struggled to reach into the weaving pathways yet he continued.

When the sky morphed into gloomy obscurity, a blanket of dark grey covering the stars, the ash-blonde could barely see a single thing. There wasn't any sound other than his hands scratching against the walls to navigate him through the night.

His eyes narrowed as he released his explosions to help him see. He didn't care if anyone heard him. If anything, maybe (y/n) would notice. Then she could go to him and they would return to U.A as if nothing had happened. His mind began to drift off until a voice snapped him out of his trance.

"Bakugou?"

Bakugou recognised the voice so why did he still hold a slimmer of hope that it was (y/n)? His tired red eyes met Aizawa's surprised ones causing Bakugou to freeze. Aizawa slowly made his way towards him, scratching the back of his head. He had known what Bakugou was up to but he had never realised that Bakugou stayed out that late despite living in the same dorm. Had he failed as a teacher?

The moon peeked out from behind the clouds and Bakugou's gaze lingered to his feet, not wanting to look at Aizawa any longer.

"C'mon let's go back to the dorm," Aizawa let out a deep sigh, beginning to make his way out of the alley before noticing that Bakugou wasn't budging.

"Bakugou?"

"No," He gruffly spoke back. "Not yet."

"It's dark out and you can barely see a thing," Aizawa commented.

"Doesn't matter."

Aizawa twitched in irritation at the boy's stubborn attitude. Realising that Bakugou wasn't going anywhere, he brought out his scarves and began to drag the ash-blonde.

"LET ME GO!" Bakugou yelled, his hands producing even more explosions.

"Just stop now Bakugou," Aizawa clenched his teeth while refusing to untie him.

"Why the fuck would I?! Not when you heroes are being useless fucks who can't even find a single girl!" He bellowed and a sharp twinge pierced Aizawa from the inside.

The exhausted pro-hero stopped in his tracks and the white bandages fell to the ground in a heap. Bakugou noticed the change in mood, but he didn't feel guilty. Not until he saw Aizawa's face that was twisted in anguish.

"Do you think I haven't been looking as well?" Aizawa seethed. "When you kids are meant to be asleep I've been searching this whole time! But she's not anywhere!"

Bakugou fell to his knees while letting out a stifled cry. He refused to release the tears that were threatening to spill but he was close to giving way. Aizawa wasn't the affectionate type, but he approached Bakugou and wrapped his arms around him anyway.

And that broke him. It broke Bakugou who had been holding in his pain. Aizawa could feel his shoulder dampen as Bakugou trembled but he chose not to say a word.

"Let's just stop now, okay?" Aizawa uttered.

"But I can't," Bakugou whispered. His heart was glass, and it had finally shattered.

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

A figure peered down at the two stuck in an awkward embrace with an indecipherable expression. There was no wind in this dark evening and so it was easy to hear any slight sound occurring amid the alleys.

"Don't even think about it."

"I know."

The figure's face scrunched up into a scowl before turning away and escaping into the shadows once more. 

A/N: I published a new fic! It's a Kaminari x Reader so please go check it out if you're interested~~ 

This chapter is short cause I'm busy with school so I'm making it up to you guys with a new fic that has been sitting in my drafts for a while... The next chapter will be much longer and more interesting so stay tuned!

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

❝ WHY DID FATE CHOOSE YOU? ❞