─ ❝ FINALE ❞ ─

f i n a l e

f i n a l e

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

NOT YET. Her eyes flickered open, but they were struggling to lock onto Bakugou. (y/n)'s arm subconsciously reached out, grabbing at the air before finally touching Bakugou's face.

"I'm right here," Bakugou choked, his spare hand clutching tightly around hers. His heart sank as he felt the blood soak through his clothes.

No matter how much she tried, Bakugou's image remained a blur. Through this haze, she could see the outline of his distraught expression. But why? Why did he look so anguished? She was alive. She was going to stay alive. 

The bleeding needed to stop first. She knew that. For now, she would use her red strings. They would do the job for the stab wounds which felt like nothing. 

"I... I promised her... That I wouldn't let anything happen to her...!" Midnight cried out, Aizawa standing silently by her side as a rush of heroes and police swarmed the area.

Aizawa so desperately wanted to rush to (y/n), tell her that she would be alright, that everything would be okay, that she had done so well. But he couldn't. He couldn't bring himself to lie. She'd know too. Knowing her, she probably already had a strong grasp on the situation.

But that's where he was wrong. She was lost. Confused. A child. It didn't hurt anymore, so why was everyone looking at her with those eyes?

Her red strings. What she thought was a curse which she couldn't get rid of. But why were they not there when she needed them the most?

"Am I..." (y/n) rasped, coughing as soon as she spoke. "Dying?"

Her once enemy, now father figure of a few months dropped to his knees. There was no tears. He just watched the young girl with empty eyes.

Bakugou wanted to find the medics who were taking so long and drag them over. But he knew if left her alone or even simply looked away from her, he would regret it.

"I was never a hero..." Tears were spilling out of (y/n)'s face too now.

"But... I'm glad I could save you" She smiled, gazing up at him through glazed eyes.

She whispered a few more words and Bakugou could feel her weak breath against his lips. He then cupped her drained face on his hands and leant in. Their eyes met through tears as their lips melted together.

I'm in that dark space again...

Light? Oh it's Bakugou... 

Wait where are you going?

Come back... !

Oh...

He's gone...

It's cold...

I can't see...

I'm alone again...

When Bakugou opened his eyes once more, he was met with a blank stare. More lifeless than when he first her

(y/n)'s last words echoed in his head as he struggled to grasp reality.

───── ⋆⋅♚⋅⋆ ─────

❝I'M GLAD THAT FATE CHOSE YOU.❞