Chapter One

I heard my curtains being pulled apart and the sound of familiar footsteps. I groaned, knowing that my maid had come to wake me up.

"Can't I sleep a little longer?" I mumbled as I buried my face into my soft pillow.

"I'm afraid not, Princess," My maid said, giving me an apologetic smile. "His Highness has requested to see you immediately."

"Alright," I said softly while lazily getting up and stretching. "Tell him I'll be down after I freshen up."

She bowed and left the room.

I chose my clothes for today while brushing my teeth. Then I went for a bath. The hot water felt so good against my skin. It was winter, anyway.

After dressing up, I quickly proceeded downstairs to have breakfast with my family. I bowed to my parents as I took my seat beside my brother Jeno. I had three older brothers- Mark, Jeno and Donghyuck.

"You're up early today, that's a surprise," Donghyuck said to me as the butlers started to serve us breakfast.

"I was told that Father wanted me up early," I said as I glanced at my father.

"I was told the same," Jeno said.

"Mark, would you like to tell your siblings the news?" Father asked him.

Mark nodded and said, "The four of us are going to Seoul."

My eyes widened. I loved Seoul! It's been eight years since I last went there, even though it's only 12 miles away. The Prince there used to play with me and my siblings whenever we visited. My brothers go there almost every month. They are very close friends with the Prince.

"When are we departing?" I asked, not able to control my excitement.

"You shall leave at noon and come back after winter break," Father said.

"What?!" I yelled in excitement. "One entire month?!"

"Lower your voice a bit, dear," My mother said gently.

"Mianhe," I apologized.

"You seem thrilled," Jeno stated.

"I am," I said. "It's been years since I went there. Have I ever told you how I love Seoul?"

Everyone chuckled at my excitement.

After breakfast, I proceeded to my room to pack my luggage. I chose my outfits while my maid neatly folded them into the large suitcase. I packed my toiletteries and other requirements before zipping my suitcase closed.

"Oh, I will miss you this one month," My maid said.

"So will I," I said honestly.

She smiled and bowed, "Let's go, Princess, the carriage will arrive soon."

~

"Stay safe and take care, my children," My mother said as she smiled at us. We bid our parents goodbye before entering the large horse-drawn carriage.

On the way to Seoul, my brothers told me stories of how they raced against each other with the Prince on horse-back. I listened to every word they said and I was extremely fascinated.

"Oh, I forgot to say," Mark began. "We're going there for training."

"Training? What kind of training?" I asked.

"Well, we're getting trained for fighting with swords," Jeno said.

"But you all already excel at that?" I asked confused. Why would they need training when they can fight so well?

"Yes, but we have to get much better," Donghyuck said. I nodded and then frowned.

"What shall I do there when you all are going to be busy with training?"

"You're getting trained as well," Jeno said with a smile. "For mounted archery."

I gasped. Was this for real!?

"You are speaking the truth?" I asked in disbelief. I always wanted to learn archery!

"Of course Y/N," Jeno said with a chuckle and ruffled my hair. "When have I ever lied to my baby sister?"

"When you broke her favorite doll and blamed it on Mark hyung," Donghyuck said, earning a glare from Jeno.

~

"Your Highnesses, we have arrived at Seoul," The coachman informed. We got out of the carriage and were greeted by the servants of the castle. The castle was huge and beautiful.

"We shall keep your luggage in your respective rooms," A servant told us politely. "Please proceed inside, His Highness has been eagerly waiting for your arrival."

We thanked the servant as a Butler escorted us inside the beautifully furnished castle. I could not stop my eyes from wandering around the castle, noticing the details and architecture of it.

"Welcome to Seoul," King Na said cheerfully as we bowed in front of him.

And that's when I noticed a familiar face staring at me curiously.

He was strikingly handsome, ethereal even. He was wearing a white shirt and dark brown pants, casually leaning against the stone walls.

He smiled an extremely familiar smile that made my heart race.

And that's when I realized, he's the famous Prince— the Prince who every maiden wanted to marry.

Prince Na Jaemin.

-

End of chapter one.
Please vote!