Chapter Thirteen

"I see the peasant is in love with the Prince," Sooyeon said, interrupting me from reading my book. I sighed.

"What do you want now?" I asked nonchalantly, not looking up from the book.

"What have you done to Jaemin that he's so under your fake spell huh?" She asked, annoyance clear in her voice. I smirked.

"Well," I said. "I did nothing."

"I know you did. Did you threaten him?"

"Why would I threaten the boy I love?"

"You want to become queen since you'll never become one in your own kingdom," She said. I laughed so hard that my sides were hurting.

She snatched my book and threw it behind her, but someone caught it.

"Books are meant to be read, not thrown, Lady," Yuta said, rolling his eyes.

"O-Oh! Prince Y-Yuta! What are you doing here?" Sooyeon said with a bow. She was so shocked.

"I've come to see a beautiful lady," He said. She looked down and blushed. Yuta winks at me to play along.

"The lady is very beautiful indeed," Yuta says. "She looks like she was sculpted by the Greek Gods."

"Oh! P-Prince Yuta, I'm honored," Sooyeon said as she purposely tucks a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm sorry," Yuta says. "But who said that I was referring to you?"

"H-Huh?" Sooyeon mumbles, dumbfounded. I tried to control my laughter.

"I was talking about the beautiful Princess, Y/N," He said nonchalantly.

"Oh..." Sooyeon says, angry evident on her face. "Excuse me."

She leaves and me and Yuta burst out laughing.

"That was epic!" I said, still laughing.

"She really hates you, doesn't she?" Yuta asked.

"From the very beginning."

"Why though?"

"She was trying to court Jaemin," I explained. "But he never liked her. She even told me to stay away from him."

"Which kingdom is she from?"

"She's from Seoul only, she's not royalty though."

"Why do they have a maiden in a castle?"

"King Na was searching for a bride for Jaemin," I said with a shrug.

"That's not possible here," Yuta says. "She's not a Princess, she never could marry a Prince."

"King Na wants Jaemin to choose his own lover regardless of whether she's a Princess or not. But he didn't like anyone so King Na had to find him a girl instead."

"That's very generous of him to let Jaemin love whoever he wants," Yuta stated with his bright smile. "People like that make me really happy."

I nodded in agreement.

"Have you found a girl yet?" I asked.

"Yes, she's back at Osaka," He says with a smile as he blushes. "Her name is Sana. We shall be married next year."

"That's great news!"

~

Jaemin was in my room, reading a book on my bed. I sat beside him, cuddling him.

"Hey," I said.

"Hi," He said tiredly.

"You're tired," I stated. "You should take a nap."

"No... It's okay," He said, closing the book and placing it on the bedside table. He pulled me closer to him. 

"Sleep," I said.

"Okay," He murmured. "Stay with me."

"I will," I said, kissing his head. I played with his hair till he fell asleep. My eyes scanned his face. His long eyelashes, his sharp nose and jawline, the curve of his soft lips... He was indeed, flawless.

I smiled as I placed a gentle kiss on his forehead.

"I love you so much, Jaemin," I whispered before I fell asleep in his arms.

-

End of Chapter thirteen.
Please vote!