Chapter Ten

"I can't do it!" I said in frustration as I missed yet another target. Mounted archery wasn't as easy as it seems. I couldn't shoot the target from a moving horse.

"Don't give up," Jaemin said. "Try again."

I gave it another try and failed again. I frowned as I leaned front on my horse.

Jaemin came to me and held my hand, rubbing soothing circles on the back of it. He said, "Don't worry Princess, you have a lot of time to practice."

I nodded as I looked at him. He kissed my temple. We could hear footsteps coming towards us and faint voices.

I turned to look at the source and saw three handsome men, a little older than myself, coming our way. I could tell that they were Princes just by the way they walked. One of them had black hair, the other had brown, and the last one was really tall.

"Ah Jaemin!" The one with black hair said. "We were looking for you."

Jaemin bowed to them before he turned to me. "Princess, let me introduce you to them."

I nodded and got off my horse, holding Jaemin's hand.

"She's the beautiful Princess who captured your heart, yeah?" The tall one said with a slight foreign accent. I blushed and smiled.

"Indeed hyung," Jaemin said cheekily. "Princess Y/N, this is Prince Taeyong, Jaehyun and Johnny."

"Prince Johnny?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "I assume you aren't from Korea?"

"I'm an American of Korean ethnicity, Princess Y/N," He said. I nodded.

"If I'm not wrong, you're the Princess of Bucheon, right?" Jaehyun asked.

"Indeed."

"You look a lot like Mark," He said with a smile.

"I was thinking the same," Taeyong said, grinning.

"Why, thank you hyung, I'll take that as a compliment," Mark said, appearing from the stables with a sword. "Jaemin, can I use someone's horse? I think Chenle took mine."

"Of course, choose whichever one you want hyung," Jaemin said sweetly. Mark nodded and looked at me.

"Oh Y/N, Jeno told me to tell you to come to the gazebo for tea," Mark said. "They got your favorite tea."

"Alright, I shall leave now," I said. I put my horse in the stable before making my way to the gazebo.

~

"Jasmine tea is my favorite tea too!" Renjun said excitedly as I sat down next to him.

"Renjun used to drink a cup every evening back home," Chenle said and chuckled. "He would get quite cranky if he didn't."

We all laughed as we talked about various things before the maid brought our cups of tea. I looked at Renjun who looked so excited.

"It smells amazing!" Jeno said.

I was just about to take a sip when Renjun yelled, "PRINCESS STOP!"

He immediately took the cup from my hand and sniffed the tea. He looked horrified.

"What happened?" Jeno asked.

Renjun passed the cup to Chenle, "Smell it."

Chenle took a sniff before he too looked just as horrified as Renjun.

"What's wrong?" Jisung asked in concern. "Why do you both have that expression on your face?"

"Someone tried to poison Princess Y/N," Chenle said sadly. My eyes widened. Why would someone want to kill me? Who could it be?

"And it isn't just any ordinary poison," Renjun said sternly. "It's a very rare poison that is very difficult to make and it's found only in China."

"One tiny sip can kill anyone instantly," Chenle said. Jeno looked horrified before he slammed his fist on the table.

"I swear I will kill whoever tried to poison my sister!" He spat out angrily.

-

End of chapter ten.
Please vote!