Chapter Five

"This is your horse, Princess," Jaemin said. We were at the Cavalry stables, practicing mounted archery.

My horse was beautiful. She was white and quite big as compared to the other horses.

"You can name her," Jaemin said as he got his own horse which was brown in color.

"Eunhwa," I said as I stroked my horse. "That's her name."

Jaemin smiled and gave me a saddle to put on my horse. "Let's get going, Princess."

~

Jaemin and I had finished practise and were roaming around the fields, far from the castle, on horse-back. It was early evening, the sky was grey and the weather was very cold.

"It will snow today," Jaemin said as he halted his horse and looked up to the sky.

"It's a shame we can't see the sunset," I said with a frown. It had been cloudy ever since I arrived here and I was eagerly waiting to see the sunset.

"I shall take you to go see the sunset when the skies are clear, Princess," Jaemin said with a smile that made my heart flutter.

"Do you promise?"

"I promise," He said. "Anything for you."

"Anything?"

"Anything." He vowed.

"Okay," I said slyly as I got off my horse began to run off into the fields. "Catch me if you can, Prince!"

"Oh, I'll catch you in a few seconds, Princess!" I heard Jaemin yell behind me.

I tried running even faster but Jaemin caught me and slipped, dragging me down with him on the grass. I shrieked as I landed on top of him. We both were laughing and panting, tired from running so much.

After the laughter died down, my cheeks started to turn pinker than they ever had before as realization hit me that I was lying right on top of Jaemin's body. One of his arms were wrapped around me and the other was resting by his side. He brought his free hand to my face and tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear.

We were so lost in each other that we didn't realize that it was starting to snow until a small snowflake landed on Jaemin's nose. I giggled as I wiped it off, causing him to turn pink this time. Looks like the Prince isn't as confident as he seems, huh?

"You're blushing, Prince," I said with a smirk.

"I-I'm not," He stuttered.

"Sure you aren't," I said as I playfully rolled my eyes. I got off him and stood up. "Come on, let's go back before we freeze to death."

He nodded as he got up and we walked to our horses.

We rode back to the castle as fast as we could since the snowfall was becoming heavier. The sky was also dark. We left our horses at their stables and we made our way inside the castle. The butler came up to us and bowed.

"Good evening, Princess Y/N and Prince Jaemin," He said. "Their Highnesses have arrived from Incheon and are awaiting your presence for dinner."

"Father has arrived already?" Jaemin asked. "Weren't they supposed to come the day after?"

"Yes, they had to depart early due to the weather."

"Alright, we shall be with him soon," Jaemin said. The butler nodded and left.

Jaemin turned towards me and smiled. I noticed that his hair was slightly damp from the snow.

"Jaemin, you should take a hot shower," I said worriedly. "You might catch a cold."

"I will, Princess," He said. "You should too, your hair is wet."

I nodded and we parted ways, going to our rooms.

-

End of chapter five.
Please vote!