Chapter Twenty

"YAH! NA JAEMIN!" Mark yelled as he ran towards Jaemin.

Jaemin's eyes widened and he started running away screaming, "I'm so dead!"

Mark was a lot faster than Jaemin so he tackled him to the ground.

"YOU SLEPT WITH MY BABY SISTER?!" Mark yelled angrily. He was indeed, furious. I could see that Jaemin was afraid. Jeno and Taehee looked amused. I panicked. What if Mark punches him? Or squishes him? Or slaps him? Or beats him up?

"H-Hyung..." Jaemin said nervously. "I'm sorry...?"

Mark gave him a 'are-you-kidding-me' look. Everyone knew that Mark was very overprotective of me.

"Mark..." I said softly. He glanced at me and rolled his eyes. He got off Jaemin and stood up.

"Why did you break the rule?" Mark asked me sternly. I could understand why he asked me that. He's been training for years since he's going to become the next King, so breaking a rule is a big thing for him.

I was about to say something but Jeno interrupted me. "Mark hyung, who cares about all that now?"

"She could get pregnant, Jeno," Mark said, folding his arms.

"She's careful," Jeno said. "You know that."

"How are you so calm about this?"

"I broke the rule too," Jeno said with a shrug. Mark sighed.

"I... I don't... Just do what you all want..." Mark said and left. I looked at Jeno nervously. Hyuck had joined us as well.

"Well, that was new," Hyuck said, earning a glare from me.

"I'm sorry Princess..." Jaemin said as he stood up. "It's my fault."

"No it isn't," I said. He opened his mouth to say something but Jeno interrupted him.

"Y/N, go talk to him," Jeno said. "He will only listen to you."

I nodded and left.

~

I was in Mark's room and he didn't even glance at me.

"Mark I know you're angry..." I began.

"I am."

"I understand, but don't you trust Jaemin?"

He sighed and looked at me. "I do trust him, Y/N, but..."

"But...?"

"Haven't you thought of the consequences if things went wrong?" He asked. He had a point.

"You aren't married to him, Y/N," Mark said. "I trust him but anything could happen anytime."

I nodded. He was right. Anything could go wrong. Life wasn't always filled with sunshine.

"I'm saying that because you have a lot of time to be with him," Mark said. "You can't get married until me, Jeno and Hyuck are married. That's why I'm concerned."

I hugged him. "Thank you for caring about me from the start."

He hugged me back and said, "Of course! I'm your big brother. It's my duty."

He then sighed deeply.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just want you to be happy," Mark said softly. "You're my only sister and my biggest priority."

"You aren't gonna say that when you get a wife," I joked.

"Family first."

"She's going to be your family anyway."

"Y/N!"

"Okay, okay," I said and giggled. Mark shook his head and laughed as well.

"So..." I said. "Am I forgiven?"

"Yeah, for now."

-

End of chapter twenty.
Please vote.