Chapter Eight

When we got to the hall, Jaemin was called by his parents to meet some guests from the Philippines. He excused himself and left.

Mark and Donghyuck were talking to three really handsome guys, one of them was familiar.

"Y/N, these are our friends from China, Prince Yukhei, Xiao Jun and Hendery," Mark said, introducing them one by one. "I don't know where the rest are."

I smiled at Hendery and said, "I have met Prince Hendery before."

"Have you?" Mark asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed," Hendery said with a smile. "I danced with her before."

"You haven't danced with your own brother yet, Y/N," Donghyuck joked and pouted which made us all laugh.

I felt someone staring at me. I glanced around and saw Jaemin coldly staring at us. He looked away when I caught him. I thought of going to him but he was engaged in another conversation.

"Y/N," Jeno said. "Care to dance?"

"Hey, I was supposed to dance with her first!" Donghyuck whined.

"But I asked her first!"

"No, I will dance with my sister first since I'm the oldest," Mark said which shut Jeno and Hyuck up instantly. I rolled my eyes at them.

Mark took my hands and led me to the floor where a few people were dancing. We began dancing slowly.

"It's an honor to dance with my baby sister again," Mark said lovingly as he twirled me around. "It's been more than two years, hasn't it?"

"Indeed," I said and pouted. "You have no time for me anymore."

"I know," Mark said softly. "I do not want to become King, but it's inevitable."

Mark was really hard-working. He usually spent hours training or reading the laws and histories since he was going to be the next King.

"You'll be a great King," I said and smiled.

"You think so?"

"I know so."

"Sorry to interrupt but can I cut in?" Jeno asked politely. Mark nodded as he handed me over to dance with an eye-smiling Jeno.

"I met a Princess not too long ago," He said, blushing, as we began dancing. "She's got a very charming personality and she's very beautiful."

"Who?" I questioned. "Is it anyone I know?"

"She's the Princess of Ulsan," He said. "Perhaps you haven't met her yet."

"I believe I have."

"She's the younger one."

"Oh, then I haven't," I said. "If I'm not wrong, her brother is King now, right?"

"Yes," Jeno said as he twirled me. "King Taeil is here as well."

"What happened to his parents?"

"They died, quite recently, in a shipwreck when they were traveling to Osaka."

"Oh, that's devastating," I said.

"Indeed," He said. "I want you to meet her, she's going to be here for a few days."

I agreed and we danced for another song before I danced with Donghyuck.

"So... am I becoming an uncle soon?" Donghyuck asked in a teasing down. My eyes widened as I smacked his shoulder.

"Hyuck!"

"I'm kidding," He said with a chuckle. "Sooyeon asked me to dance with her before."

"I assume you declined by laughing in her face?"

"No," He said, a mischievous grin on his face. "I danced with her."

"What did you do, Hyuck?" I asked and raised an eyebrow.

"I may have accidentally stepped on her foot... a couple of times," He said, not guilty at all.

"Guess you aren't really filled with sunshine anymore," I said jokingly even though I was amused.

"Yah! I am!" He protested. "It's just that she kept irritating me about Jaemin. I don't get why she wanted to dance with me of all people in the first place."

"Quite expected," I said and rolled my eyes. We danced for a while before we went to eat something. My feet were quite sore from continuously dancing. I sat down with my brothers and their friends as we began eating tteokbeokki and the other dishes. I hadn't seen Jaemin anywhere from the past one hour.

After I finished eating and talking to some of the Prince's and Princesses, there was a tap on my shoulder.

"Princess, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?"

-

End of chapter eight.
Please vote!