Chapter Three

I woke up to the sound of the birds chirping loudly. I groaned as I left the warm bed and went to the window. I drew the curtains apart and noticed that my room faces the large garden of the castle. The sun was just a little over the horizon.

I freshened up and quickly proceeded downstairs for breakfast. No one seemed to be there.

"Good morning, Princess, would you like something to eat?" An elderly maid asked me.

"An apple should be alright," I said politely with a smile.

"Alright, please have a seat at the dinning table," She said with a bow and left.

Within a few minutes, she came back with a plate of cut pieces of apples. I thanked her and she smiled.

"Why haven't the others come down? Are they still in slumber?" I asked her.

"No, Princess," She said. "The Princes have gone for their training, Their Highnesses left at dawn to Incheon."

"Do you know where Prince Jaemin is?" I asked after I finished eating.

"He must be at the Cavalry grounds beside the garden," She said. "Shall I escort you there, Princess?"

"No, thank you, I would like to explore the castle," I said with a smile and left.

I proceeded outside to the garden, mesmerized by the beauty of it. There were different types of flowers being grown. There was a fountain in the middle, with water as clear as crystal.

"I take it that you love the garden, Princess?" I heard a familiar voice behind me say.

I turned around to face him. He was standing just a few feet in front of me, looking strikingly gorgeous in the morning sunlight. 

"Good morning, Prince Jaemin," I said with a bow and smiled. "I do love the garden, it's beautiful."

"Yes, it is beautiful indeed," He said with a smirk. "But not as beautiful as you, Princess Y/N."

I blushed and mumbled, "T-Thank you."

He chuckled and said, "Are you ready to start training, Princess?"

I nodded enthusiastically and he led me to the Cavalry grounds. He began to explain the rules of mounted archery and gave many tips on how to perfectly hit the target. I tried to listen to every word as much as I could, even though I was getting distracted by his beautiful smile.

"I'll shoot an arrow first, watch my hands, then you can have a go," He said. I nodded as I watched him focus on the target carefully. He swiftly pulled the arrow back and shot it within seconds, hitting a bulls eye on spot.

I gasped. I had no idea that he was this good.

"Your turn," He said and handed me the bow and an arrow. "Just focus on the yellow centre of the target."

I nodded and pulled the arrow back, squinting so that I could get a better focus. I shot the arrow and it landed on the black circle. He handed me another arrow and I shot it on the white circle. I frowned.

"Here, let me help you," He said and stood right behind me. I could feel his body pressed against mine and my heart was racing as fast as a cheetah. He bent down to my height and I could feel his breath on my cheek, making a chill run down my shine.

"Focus Princess," He whispered in my ear and he placed his hands over mine on the bow. He pulled the arrow back and it landed perfectly at the centre.

"See? That's how you do it," Jaemin said as he tucked a lose strand of my hair behind my ear.

I was staring into his eyes and he, in mine. His eyes were so clear and beautiful.

A loud cough interrupted our little moment. We turned to the source who happened to be a grinning Donghyuck and Jeno.

"We're sorry for interrupting," Jeno said, amusement clear in his teasing voice.

"You should be, hyung," Jaemin said jokingly.

Donghyuck raised an eyebrow as he gave me a teasing smile. I looked down, trying to control my own smile as I felt the heat rush to my cheeks.

"Do you mind if we steal our beloved sister for a minute or two?" Jeno asked.

"I do," Jaemin said jokingly and pulled me closer by my waist, causing my brothers to laugh. Oh my gosh, this is so close. 

"You're a little too close to my sister there, Nana," Jeno said with a smirk. "We might have to do something about that."

"Fight me," Jaemin said with a wink. "I'm keeping her."

I blushed even harder, feeling the butterflies in my stomach go crazy.

"Sooyeon will be absolutely joyous to see this sight," Donghyuck said with a chuckle.

"Which reminds me why we're here," Jeno said. "Y/N, Sooyeon was looking for you, she said she has something important to discuss with you."

I raised an eyebrow. "With me?"

"Yes."

"Alright, I shall go see what she wants," I said and looked at Jaemin with a smile. He smiled back as he released me from his arms. I internally frowned at the loss of contact. I wanted to be in his arms again.

I bowed to Prince Jaemin and my brothers before looking for Sooyeon.

-

End of Chapter Three.
Please vote!