Chapter Nine

"Princess, would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" Jaemin said, smiling brightly.

"Of course, Your highness," I said and blushed.

He took my hand and led me to the very centre of the large hall. I could hear whispers and see many people staring. Jaemin pulled me closer to him by my waist—our bodies pressed against each other. We started dancing slowly, never breaking the eye contact.

"They're all looking at you," I said softly.

He chuckled and said, "Believe me Princess, they're looking at you."

I blushed and tried to focus on dancing, even though I was lost in his beautiful eyes.

"I've been waiting to dance with you for so long," Jaemin mumbled, resting his head on my bare shoulder, not caring that his parents and other royalty were watching. "Have I told you how beautiful you look tonight?"

"I believe you did tell me that before, Your Highness," I said with a chuckle.

He kissed my shoulder lightly before raising his head back to look at me and said, "Let's go to the garden for a while."

I nodded and we stopped dancing. He took my hand and led me outside. Luckily it wasn't snowing today so I could walk with my heels. We sat down on the fountain.

"So..." Jaemin started, looking at me nervously. "Um... I just wanted to tell you something important."

"Go ahead," I encouraged, taking his hands and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Take your time."

"Well... um..." He let out a nervous chuckle. "Princess, I-I've fallen in love with you."

My heart raced at his words as I stopped breathing. Was this for real? Was I dreaming? Prince Jaemin was in love with me?

"Since I started courting you, I've always felt like you're the person I want to love and cherish for the rest of my life," He said and scanned my face for any negative reaction.

"Since when did you know that you're in love?" I asked, still in disbelief.

"Since a few hours ago when I couldn't stand you dancing and smiling with another man," He admitted. "Of course I always liked you before, but now my feelings have grown much stronger."

I just kept quiet and smiled, listening to every word he said.

"Do you perhaps... feel the same?" He asked nervously and looked away.  I was surprised he didn't know. I thought my feelings were pretty obvious.

Nevertheless, I cupped his cheeks with my palms and made him look at me. I leaned in slowly and kissed him softly. He smiled against my lips before deepening the kiss. His hands went around my waist, pulling me closer. I pulled away and smiled, feeling the butterflies go wild in my stomach.

"Does that answer your question, Prince?" I asked.

"Indeed," He said grinning and gazing at me lovingly. "I love you so much my beautiful Princess, and my future Queen."

"I love you too," I said truthfully and leaned in to kiss him again.

-

End of chapter nine.
Please vote!