Chapter Four

"Good morning, Princess," A maid bowed and said. "Are you perhaps looking for someone?"

"Yes, have you seen Miss Sooyeon anywhere?"

"I believe I last saw her near the bridge over the lake, not too long ago."

"Alright, thank you," I said and proceeded to the lake, enjoying the views of the castle and it's surroundings on the way. It took me a few minutes to reach the lake. Sooyeon was sitting at the white octagon shaped gazebo, knitting what seems to be a scarf.

"I was told that you were searching for me?" I said to her as I took a seat in front of her on the white bench of the gazebo. She stopped knitting and looked at me with a look of utter disgust.

"I take it that you have come to court Jaemin?" She said bitterly. Oh, I smell the jealousy.

"I have come for training," I said nonchalantly.

"A Princess should not lie."

"I'm not lying, Sooyeon."

She laughed bitterly, "Oh I have seen the way you glance at my Prince."

"He isn't yours, darling," I said with a smirk.

"He isn't yours either."

"I never said he is."

"But you wish he was."

"No, I do not," I lied. "I'm not interested in the Prince."

"Good, Prince Jaemin would not court a peasant like yourself," She said. If only she knew what happened a few moments ago.

"Prince Jaemin would not court you, especially when you're quite obviously throwing yourself at him," I said savagely, enjoying the murderous look on her face.

"Well then," She said and stood up. "I shall not try to court him, neither shall you, let it be a fair game and let's see who he chooses."

"Very well then. May the best woman win," I said as I stood up and left, laughing to myself.

~

At lunch, Jaemin sat across me at the dining table. He winked when he caught me staring at him.

I blushed as I looked down and continued drinking my soup. I noticed Sooyeon glaring at me. I decided to have some fun.

"Prince Jaemin?" I said loud and deliberately, catching everyone's attention.

"Yes, Princess?" He replied sweetly with a smile.

"Could you please pass me the plate of tteokbokki?" I purposely said, even though I could clearly reach it myself.

"Of course," Jaemin said as he handed me the plate. I made sure to brush my fingers against his while I took the plate from his hands. Jaemin looked amused and so did everyone else. Sooyeon noticed and scoffed loudly.

"What happened Sooyeon?" Donghyuck asked in a teasing tone. "Do you not like the food? I think it's delicious."

I could see Renjun and Chenle silently laughing.

"Oh no, I love the food," She said.

"Clearly there's something bothering you," Mark said in an amused voice. "Care to share your thoughts?"

"When is something not bothering her?" Renjun said and raised his eyebrow. In a split second, a loud dolphin-like laughter filled the room. It was from Chenle who was laughing uncontrollably. I was amused, honestly.

"Well Prince Renjun," Sooyeon said angrily. "I don't think anyone asked to hear your... irrelevant thoughts."

"It wasn't a thought," Renjun stated savagely. "It was a simple fact."

"You're a bastard, Huang Renjun," She spat out.

"That's no way to talk to any supreme royalty," Jisung said. "Haven't your parents taught you better?"

"Haven't your parents taught you to not back-answer your elders, Jisung?" She said.

"I did not back-answer you," He said. "I corrected you."

She scoffed and kept quiet. Jaemin was silently laughing at the situation. He smiled his beautiful smile and caught me staring again. He winked again and giggled at my flustered reaction.

-

End of Chapter Four.
Please vote!