Chapter Fourteen

I was practising mounted archery all by myself now that I was good at it. Jaemin was quite busy with all the boys, training and going to different places. I spent a lot of time with Princess Taehee— King Taeil's sister and Jeno's secret lover. She was a wonderful person.

"Y/N!" I heard Taehee yell as she ran towards me. She was panting when she stopped.

"Woah... Why are you running, Taehee?"

"The... funniest... scenario just hap... pened," She said in between laughs. I was pretty amused even though I had no idea what she's was talking about. After she calmed down, she said, "Sooyeon tried to kiss Jaemin."

"SHE WHAT?"

"She tried to kiss your lover boy."

"How? When? Where? What?!" I was ready to go slap that girl.

"Calm down and listen, Princess," Taehee said, rolling her eyes. "Sooyeon came up to Jaemin while he was training and she was rubbing her hands on his arms, she was about to kiss him but Donghyuck ran and pounced on Jaemin, pushing that girl to the ground. Then Donghyuck started kissing Nana's face! It was so funny!"

I laughed so hard that my sides were hurting. Taehee started laughing again as well.

But still, I felt a little jealous.

"Care to share what has you ladies all cracked up?" Jeno said as he approached us. Taehee immediately stopped laughing and she blushed.

"I was telling Princess Y/N about Sooyeon trying to kiss Prince Jaemin today," Taehee said.

"Oh, that was so funny," Jeno said as he chuckled. "You should've seen her face when Haechan knocked her to the ground."

"I always miss the good stuff," I said and chuckled.

~

After dinner, I went back to my room with Jaemin. I loved sleeping next to him. He always warmed me up from the bitter cold. After we made the bed and got in, he cuddled me.

"Jaemin?" I said, turning around in his arms to face him.

"Yes, Princess?"

"I... Um..." I was about to tell him but I decided not to. "It's nothing."

"Tell me," He said. "Why do you look so worried?"

"Nothing..."

"Jagi, tell me now," He said worriedly. I blushed when he called me 'jagi.'

"Sooyeon tried to kiss you today..." I mumbled.

"Yes, indeed."

"You didn't push her away..."

"I was going to," He said. "But Donghyuck did it before me."

"Oh... right."

"Why? Are you jealous?" He asked and smirked.

"N-No!" I lied immediately. "Why should I be?"

"Exactly," He said and kissed my head. "I love you, Princess. Only you."

"I love you too, Nana."

~

"Princess, there's a letter for you," The maid said, entering my room before she handed me the envelope. "I found it outside your bedroom door."

I opened the letter. It was from Mark. It read:

Come to furthest cottage from the blacksmith's house. I have a surprise for my beloved little sister. Wear a mask since it's in public. You don't need to bring any guards as I have already gotten permission from King Na. Come at noon. Be safe, Princess.

I smiled as I placed the letter on my bedside table. He was always so caring. I noticed that his handwriting has improved a lot. It was almost noon so I got ready and wore a mask.

"Mark has asked me to meet him outside the castle," I told the maid. "Do you know where the blacksmith's house is located?"

"It's right beside the fields," She said. "It looks very different from all the other houses, Princess, so you will know if it's the right one."

"Alright, thank you," I said politely. She bowed and left.

~

After reaching the last cottage, I looked around. Since this was on the outskirts of Seoul, hardly a soul could be seen, even though it was only noon. 

Where was mark?

Suddenly, I felt someone grab me from behind. I could tell that it was a man. He was pressing my neck, making it difficult for me to breathe. I struggled against him but he was too strong. He pressed my neck tighter.

Then everything went black.

-

End of chapter fourteen.
Please vote!