Chapter Six

"The winter ball will take place three days from now," King Na said after we all finished breakfast. "It will be themed this year."

"A theme, father?" Jaemin asked curiously. "That's new. What theme?"

"A masquerade ball," He said. "I wanted something that's rare here."

"I think it's a brilliant idea," Mark said.

"Why, thank you," King Na said with a smile. "Please do remember to dress in dark colors only."

We nodded.

~

The past three days were pretty hectic. The servants, cooks and designers were running around, making sure everything was ready for the masquerade winter ball today. Royal families from all over Korea and overseas were invited. The hall was slowly beginning to fill. The castle was decorated beautifully with many lights.

I was dressed in a black strapless gown, my hair was tied into an elegant bun. My make up was done subtly yet beautifully. I wore silver heels that were quite high. My black mask had pretty silver designs on it. 

"Excuse me," I heard a voice behind me say. I turned around to see a man who was wearing a blue mask. He bowed and said, "I'm Prince YangYang of Taiwan. Are you perhaps, Princess Y/N of Bucheon?"

I bowed as well and smiled. "Indeed. How could you tell?"

"You look a lot like your brothers even though you're wearing a mask," He said with a grin. "Do you know where Jeno hyung is?"

"I believe I last saw him with Prince Jaemin by the main staircase, not too long ago," I said.

He nodded and bowed. "Thank you, I shall leave now."

I nodded as he smiled and left. I looked around to see if I knew anyone here. It was hard to tell who's who with their masks on. I sighed as I made my way to towards the drinks table. There was a lot of alcohol. Hardly a few people were around. I opened a bottle of wine and poured it into a glass before gulping it down. The cool liquid felt nice in my throat.

"Enjoying the party, peasant?" I heard Sooyeon say behind me. She came right in front of my face and smirked. She was wearing a yellow mask which goes with her bright yellow gown.

"Oh, of course, now that you're here," I said sarcastically, setting my glass down on the table.

She rolled her eyes. "How dare you wear the same color as my Jaemin?" She asked angrily.

"Huh? I wasn't aware of that he was going to wear the same color," I said honestly.

"Liar," She half-yelled and pushed me. I lost my balance and was about to fall when someone suddenly caught me and helped me stand straight. I turned around to see who it was. The man was wearing a golden mask with his black suit. Anyone could tell that he was extremely handsome even with his mask on.

"Are you alright...?" He asked gently. I nodded with a smile.

He looked at Sooyeon and said, "That was a terrible thing to do, you must apologize."

She scoffed. "Who are you to order me around?"

"You aren't royalty," Renjun said calmly as he made his way to us with YangYang and Chenle.

"I am the best maiden in this Kingdom," Sooyeon said as she folded her arms. "Everyone wants to win my hand in marriage."

Chenle spat out his drink and started coughing. Then a high pitched laugh could be heard.

Sooyeon looked like she was going to murder someone at this very moment. "What are you laughing about you—"

"Oh, here you all are!" Queen Na said as she made her way to us. "The dance is about to start, you must go immediately."

We all nodded and followed her to the Grand hall. Everyone looked so excited and ready.

"May I have this dance, Princess?" The man who caught me from falling asked, holding out his hand.

"You may," I said sweetly as I gave him my hand. He led me to the floor where everyone was dancing to the slow music. He held one of my hands in his and the other was on my waist. We danced gracefully to the music.

"Well, I apologize," He said softly as he twirled me around. "I haven't introduced myself before, I'm Prince Hendery of Macau."

"I'm Princess Y/N of Bucheon," I said. "Thank you for saving me that time."

He chuckled and smiled. His smile was so beautiful. "It's my pleasure, Princess."

We danced for two more songs before we got tired. He kissed my hand and excused himself. I blushed as I made my way to my room to fix my hair. I shrieked when someone pushed me against the door of my room and locked it, covering my mouth with their palm.

-

End of chapter six.
Please vote!