Chapter 31: Isabella's P.O.V

I burst into a fit of giggles at Mason's goofy grin. He let out a small, squeaky snort which made all of us laugh at him. He put his hand to his heart to play offended as Leo slapped him playfully.

We would eventually calm down and then I would look up at my big brothers again and start laughing uncontrollably. This went on for a good few minutes

We had just started to laugh at each other again when I saw Dad walk in behind the boys. My face fell immediately and I looked at the floor automatically. I started shifting from foot to foot uncomfortably and bit my lip again. Felix noticed and looked behind him to see Dad. I gulped.

I took a deep breath and made a step towards Dad before Felix could do anything. I decided yesterday that I wasn't going to let anything control me; that includes the past. I came closer to Dad and I looked up at his face. When he looked down at me, his eyes were full of sadness and regret. That hurt to know I was the one that caused that.

I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head against his chest. He stood still for a moment, unsure of what to do and whether he should return the hug. In the end, he did. He carefully put his arms across my body and pulled me closer to him. I felt him gently sigh with relief and a new sense of happiness.

"Promise me, Dad, promise me that you'll never get that drunk again." I said, only loud enough for him to hear.

"I promise, Bella." He whispered in reply, not showing any signs of being shocked. "I love you so much."

"I love you too."

Dad pulled away from me and the corner of his lip quirked upwards. I smiled back at him. Dad cleared his throat and looked to my brothers, who were watching us, slightly confused at my actions.

"I'm so sorry, boys." He apologised.

"It's okay." They all replied in unison, minus Felix.

"Dad, we got a shipment that's coming in tonight." He said instead, clearly refusing to show any signs of forgiveness.

"Come and help me decide who's gonna go?" Dad asked hopefully. Felix nodded, slightly unsure and they left the room.

Adam's P.O.V.
Felix leant against the wall in my office as I sat at my desk. He hadn't talked to me since we got up here, I reckon he's still angry.

"I think Isabella should go." He said suddenly. His head was against the wall and he was staring at the wall in front of him.

"Go where...?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows at my eldest son.

"To do the docks, tonight. For the shipment." He replied simply.

"You've got to be kidding me." I raised my eyebrows in disbelief and stood up, walking round to him and sitting on the front of my desk.

"No, I'm not. She's getting better, it will be good for her. If she wants to go." Felix shrugged.

"Of course she will! This is crazy. No way." I refused.

"Mason and Callum can go. And others." Felix hadn't taken his eyes off the wall. "It will build her confidence again."

He sounded so sure. If I'm being honest, Felix probably knows Isabella better than I do. That pains me to say but it's true. I know I try so hard to be a good father and spend as much time as I can with my children, but recently, I've been distant. Especially after that night. The only thing I'm truly good at is running a mafia.

"This is ridiculous." I sighed in defeat. "But, I trust you, Felix. She can go, if she wants."

Felix nodded sharply and stood upright. He walked towards the door and put his hand on the handle, pausing. "Just because everyone else has forgiven you, it doesn't mean I have." He said quickly without looking back at me.

He opened the door and stepped out, shutting it purposefully behind him. I let out a small sigh and ran my hand through my hair.

———
"Mason, you're going with Callum, Jake, Harvey and Lucy to the docks." I spoke. We were sitting at the dinner table eating. It was rather quiet, but not awkward. No one really had anything to say.

"Okay, when?" Mason asked.

"7:30. To be there." Felix answered him bluntly. We hadn't spoken after he left my office, he was definitely still mad. I don't blame him though.

"And, Bella, if you want to go, you can." He added.

Isabella looked up at the sound of her name and stared straight at Felix. I could tell her brain was processing what he had just told her. Her body was motionless, her eyes were blank. A look of fear suddenly covered her face and she suddenly stood up, her knife and fork clattering on the plate.

Her hands opened and closed at her sides and she started taking a few deep breaths.

"No."

Isabella ran out of the room, stumbling a little
before I lost sight of her.

We all looked around at each other, wondering what had just happened. My sons looked just as confused as me, just as clueless as me.

"What the hell was that?" Leo asked worriedly.

~~~

What's going to happen next? Will Isabella change her mind?

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K