7 - Keeping silence.

Calling Ben on random occasions became a routine. Joe started calling more and more. Sometimes it was only to talk for five minutes, sometimes fifteen and sometimes a whole hour. Sometimes it was to fuck because Joe had a rough day again and sometimes it would also be to just hangout, and Ben was surprisingly always free. Sometimes they would meet at the Cafeteria just around the corner and sometimes Ben would show up at Joe's apartment with takeout cartons.

Their meet-ups followed a simple pattern: Eat, talk, screw.

Rarely did they deviate from the routine, aside from the occasional baseball game they would watch together. ( Always last minute since Joe didn't want to give Ben the idea of their meet-ups being dates. No, they were simply enjoying food, light conversations, and each other's bodies. )

Sometimes Joe skipped the formalities of eating or talking, simply knocking on Ben's door and attacking his lips shoving him in the direction of the bedroom.

However, Joe soon discovered that even the most casual of routines have intimate consequences when he found out not one but two pairs of Ben's boxers while folding his laundry. He then thought of the extra phone charger he had left plugged in at Ben's place for going on two weeks...

( He tried not to think about the fact that he could distinguish between Ben's course textbooks, or that Ben seemed to know where every dish and pan was located in Joe's kitchen. )

'' You're smiling again. '' Rami said not even bothering to look at his friend since he could sense it. '' No I'm not. '' Joe said stubborn and Rami just sighed deeply. '' Whatever you say. '' Joe couldn't help it, he didn't know when he started smiling but he was surely scared that it might begin affecting him in some sort of ways. '' Anyways my friend is coming soon. She is my childhood friend.. '' Rami said as he looked down. '' Sadly. '' He added making Joe looked up from his phone. '' Why? Is she ugly? '' Joe asked bluntly. '' I wish she was. '' The black haired boy admitted as he took notes on his textbook. '' Oh... '' Joe trailed off. '' OH. '' He said a bit louder realizing what Rami was trying to say. Rami just kept his head down low not looking up at hearing his friend actually sound surprised for once or even raise his voice.

Joe was about to knock on the door until it already opened up. '' What are you d- '' Joe asked as Ben closed the door behind him and pulled Joe towards the elevator. '' We are going out. '' Ben said as they stepped inside the elevator. '' Out like... '' Joe trailed off because he actually thought Ben was taking him out, on a date. '' No not on a date dumbass. '' Ben laughed as he walked in front of him when the doors opened. Joe didn't know why that didn't make his mood change. He didn't exactly know what it was that he was feeling but he could say that he didn't like it at all. 

'' So, what do you wanna do? '' Joe asked catching up with Ben eventually. '' I don't know. We could go to the arcade? '' Ben suggested and Joe looked weirdly at him. '' Playing games? Isn't that boring? '' Joe asked as he walked inside the arcade hall. '' No. Let's play my favorite game. '' The blonde said as he took Joe's hand making Joe's head snap his gaze towards his hand being held by the boy. '' It's really fun, you can shoot people you know? '' Ben said happily. '' Yeah, really fun. '' Joe said making Ben think that the boy probably rolled his eyes yet again but to be honest, Joe was trying to process the thing he felt deep down growing more and more as he looked at Ben's hand holding his.

They spend their whole evening in the arcade and not even because Ben wanted to, no it was actually because of Joe starting to like it and even growing kind of competitive when they played more games. Every time Ben won Joe swore he believed that Ben was only letting him win so Ben gave in and actually started to play. When he won and obviously saw Joe struggling to know what he felt at that moment he just laughed wrapping his arms around the boy's waist.

A week passed by and Joe found himself again alone on his bed but this time it was different since Rami decided to tag along and Joe couldn't really care nor was he irritated by Rami's presence. Joe was yet again texting with Ben about stupid things of course not forgetting to feel that kind of heat whenever Ben said something really stupid or cheesy about Joe. 

'' Joe? '' Rami asked standing in the doorway and Joe still didn't look up continuing with what he was doing. '' Who's sweater is this? '' Joe snapped his head up at the boy holding a piece of clothing that was not his. '' Mine. '' Joe lied, getting a notification from Ben. Joe looked at his phone and slowly put his hand on it to hide it. '' Joe.. '' Rami said again now more sternly as he looked at the phone. '' Who's sweater is this? '' Rami repeated gripping it tighter as he looked at the boy. He could sense there was something off with Joe, he just knew it. 

'' It's mine. '' Joe claimed quietly as he started to feel bad. He cursed at himself inside of his head but also Ben. If Ben didn't give him a whole lecture about ' Feeling bad for people '  ( which Joe didn't mostly pay attention too since he was looking at the boy's lips the whole time he talked ) he wouldn't start feeling bad right now for lying to his friend. 

'' Okay. '' Rami said as he cleared his throat throwing the sweater gently on Joe's bed. '' I uhm, gotta go. '' Rami was already walking out of the room and Joe just sat there really, really confused. The longer he stayed sitting on that bed while looking at the sweater how worse he started feeling. He then suddenly jumped off bed as he heard the door open. '' Wait! '' Joe said loudly obviously scaring himself. '' Wait.. '' Joe said again as he held Rami's wrist. '' I will tell you. Just don't leave me. '' This was probably the first time Joe ever really said that much in a short time making Rami look at him shocked and confused.

this chapter was shit but so is this whole story haha idk i want to kinda delete it.