《9》

When Ryan had fell asleep, Ry stayed awake to watch over him like some protective mother.

He kept his arms securely around Ryan until the younger Brit was out. And now he couldn't keep his eyes away.

The way Ryan's arms would squeeze him every now and then. His hair covering his closed, beautiful eyes. And those lips. Those lips that are ever so slightly parted, allowing Ry to hear and feel his breath.

Who could hurt such an innocent looking man? It's a known fact Ryan was too pure for most things.

Whoever could look into the brown eyes of this man and hurt him is a monster.

Ry found himself gently moving Ryan's hair away from his eyes. Even when sleeping, Ryan's face basically says he has been through hell.

The younger would twitch now and then and mumble. It wasn't so much as sleep talking, just a sound that resembles a groan or 'no'.

Which to that Ry would run a hand soothingly over Ryan's back and whisper sweet nothings to calm him back down.

Everything was fine. That was until Ryan started trembling slightly. Ry could feel his heartbeat increase, his eyes squeezed shut tight.

"Shh, it's okay mate." Ry tightened his grip around Ryan. "Calm down. You're alright. You're okay."

He couldn't quite tell if Ryan was awake. Ryan took in a gasping breath, tears holding at the corner of his eyes.

No wonder the poor guy won't sleep. "Ryan. Ryan wake up mate." Ry tried to be as calm as he could.

He didn't want to make the situation worse than it was. He sat up, bringing the young Brit with him. "Wake up. You're fine. Wake up Ryan."

Without thinking, he pressed a kiss to Ryan's forehead. Ryan's eyes snapped open, taking deep breaths as he looked around. "That's it. Breathe."

Ryan swallowed the lump in his throat, nodding to Ry's advice. "That's it. You're okay."

He slept for a good hour and a half. Which was better than nothing.

Ryan was...embarrassed so to say. He'd hoped things like this would never happen in front of people.

Once Ryan was calm, he collapsed down onto Ry's lap. Hiding his face. "M sorry." Came a low muffled voice.

Ry just chuckled and ran a hand through the younger's hair. "Everyone gets nightmares. There's nothing to be sorry for. I-"

Ry was cut off the the feeling of hot tears on his leg. "Ryan...really it's okay." Ryan sat up and rubbed his eyes. "No, Ryan, it's not!" The younger yelled using Ry's full name.

"You can be doing better things but no. You have to stay here and babysit my ass cause I can't handle-" Ryan bit his lip before he could finish his sentence.

Ry gently moved Ryan's hair out of his face. "I'm not being forced to stay here. I'm choosing to. And it obviously isn't something simple that you're going through."

The older Brit moved so he could face Ryan. "There's nothing else I would rather do than help my best friend. I'm gonna be here for you Ryan. By my own choosing."

Drying his tear soaked cheeks, Ryan sighed and leaned forward against Ry. "Thank you. I'm so sorry." He whispered out.

"Stop apologizing. You have nothing to apologize for. I'm always gonna be here for you."

"Always?" Ryan questioned. Ry chuckled and nodded. "Always."
><><><><
It's short. I'm sorry. My brain is empty. Any suggestions on what you'd like to see next?