《4》

"Hello?"

"Hey Ry. I-it's been a while huh?" Ryan mentally facepalmed.

What a greeting. Worst thing he could have possibly said.

"It has. What's up pal. Under the weather again or something? People have been wondering when we would upload again."

Ryan sighed. "Yeah I have. B-but I'm feeling better now. Think it was some sort of bug. And that's what I was calling to talk to you about. Up for a recording session?"

Ry was silent. Ryan grew nervous. Stupid. Haven't talked to him for a while and the first thing he asks is to record a video?

"O-or you know. We could go out and get some lunch together." That's better. Wait. No.

That means getting out of the house. The whispers. The stares. No.

"That sounds good. Grab something to eat and then record a bit. Sound good?"

Ryan forced out a chuckle. "S-sounds great. Pick me up?"

"Sure mate. I'll be there in about....20 minutes, yeah?"

"Cool. See ya in a while." Ryan hung up before Ry could respond. Great. Just great.

"Well, something to eat wouldn't hurt." Ryan placed a hand on his stomach. He wasn't hungry per say, but he could gain a bit of weight. To make up for what he lost.

He could also use the fresh air. Inhaling cat hair throughout the last couple days hasn't been the best.

As if on cue...Max, Ryan's cat, nudged open the barely shut door. Ryan sighed and patted the bed beside him.

Max made a running start, jumping up onto the bed. Ryan gently scratched the felines head. "I'm a mess. I apologize for that."

Max just purred and curled up. Cats. Nothing on their mind but food and sleep.

Anyway. 20 minutes. Enough to look somewhat decent.

Pushing himself off the bed, Ryan rummaged in his closet for some nicer looking clothes. He's hasn't worn much but a pair of pajama pants and a t-shirt, so laundry wasn't a big deal.

"Okay. What do you wear that won't attract the worlds attention but nice enough for a friend you haven't seen in like a month?"

Ryan just picked out a black t-shirt, that had a couple of holes near the shoulder and sleeves, but he could easily cover them up with a hoodie.

Walking over to a dresser, he pulled out a pair of black jeans to match. Easy and simple.

By the time Ryan tied his shoes, the doorbell rang. Max made some sort of noise as he ran out of the room and down the stairs.

"Oh boy." Ryan took a deep breath and made his way down, following behind Max.

Ryan opened the door slowly, peeking out to see who it was before fully opening it. "Hey." Ryan greeted the older Brit. "Hey." Ry shoved his hands into his pockets. "Ready?"

"Uh, almost. Just come in. I won't be long." Ry nodded and stepped into the house. Ryan made his way back upstairs.

He pondered on wearing a rubberband or hair tie around his wrist. He could just snap it if his mind decides to go to a place of it's own.

But Ry might notice. And he doesn't wanna drag his best mate into all this.

Ryan just sighed as he slid on his jacket and shoved his phone and wallet into his pocket. He hurried back downstairs. "Alright. I'm ready."

--

The boys went to a small diner in town. It wasn't crowded, which calmed Ryan down a good bit.

They got a table near a corner, and the only people around them was an elderly couple and a woman with her daughter, who seemed to be watching a movie on a tablet.

"So, what have you been up to?" Ryan spoke up, trying to have a somewhat normal conversation. "Ah you know. Streaming and stuff." Ry shrugged. "What have you been up to? Had to have done something while you were sick....for like a month."

Ryan avoided eye contact. Okay. How do we change the subject without being suspicious? "Ryan?"

"Uh." He couldn't think of anything. There's a thumping in his ears. The air is getting heavy again. Ryan finally looked at Ry. The thumping stopped. He could breathe.

But that time he heard the movie the little girl was watching.

"...And-and I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget."

Finding Nemo. Who knew all Ryan needed to hear was words from a fish.

Ryan took a deep breath and shook his head. "Ry I-"

The waiter then came with their order. Ry gave Ryan a look, that 'we'll talk about this later.' look.

"I'm sorry, Dory. But I... do."
><><><><
Eh? Like those Disney quotes?