DARRY-maybe i made a mistake

Saying it was late would have been an understatement. Pony and Soda had been out looking for Darry. He was seven hours - running on eight- hours late and nobody had heard from him. You knew he had been working late this week, so you had told Soda and Pony not to worry when he wasn't home the first few hours. And that was all he had said he would be late by, a few hours.

Soda knew you had been getting worried, no matter how you tried to hide it. Something similar had happened with your brother a few weeks ago and it hadn't turned out well. Some Socs beat him up so bad he would barely talk to anyone anymore.

When the clock hit three A.M. Soda had just about all he could take of the suspense and for your sake, he wanted to bring Darry home safe and sound. It was now four A.M. and you hadn't had a call from any of them- this only cause you to be more worried.

Your heart steadied when Darry's headlights flooded the driveway. The door swung open revealing your husband.

"Where have you been!" You exclaimed. "It is four in the morning!"

He hung his coat on the back of the chair and walked over to hug you. "Funny, I'm usually the one scolding the boys for staying out late."

You smacked his arms away and walked away from him.

"No call?! Nothing, you just stay out forever and none of us get an explanation?!"

Soda and Pony had entered the house and were standing at a distance from you both.

"What- I told you I would be out late!" he protested.

"You said a few hours! not eight! Darry you had your brothers and I going crazy!" you just about screamed.

"Don't you start yelling at me now!" he yelled.

"Okay, remember that next time you come home late boys," You looked over at Soda and Pony. "Just tell him not to yell at you, because he seems to think that's going to work."

"GOD WHY ARE YOU SO INVASIVE-" Darry yelled.

"Leave her alone darry!" Pony yelled, stepping in between you two. "Last time I checked you guys were married. She's a Curtis too, she's got the right to know what goes on here."

"Well, maybe I made a mistake," Darry whispered under his breath.

Your heart sank, hoping he was joking. The only feeling you ever had for Darry was love and you had always thought he felt the same.

"You don't mean that Darry," Pony gasped, placing a hand on your shoulder.

Darry stared up at Ponyboy and shook his head. "No, I don't."

He grabbed your hand and you pulled it away.

"Don't touch me," You hissed. "How could that even be a thought you would have?"

You quickly walked away from them, Pony's hand slipping away from you and falling to his side. Hiding in your's and Darry's bedroom you could hear them talking through the paper thin walls.

"Darry how could you say that!" Soda had asked.

"It just came out."

"Well, maybe next time keep it in. She's done so much for all three of us and she's a Curtis whether you like it or not. She's my sister," Pony spat.

You heard him walk to his room and close the door.

"You really messed up this time Dar," Soda said before following behind Pony.

In your room, you had tried to cry quietly, and so far that was succeeding. Once Darry opened the door you stopped completely and turned away from him, now facing the window.

"Y/N," He whispered, but you just ignored him. "Y/N please talk to me."

"Are you sure talking to me wouldn't be a mistake?"

"I didn't mean that," He said gently. "You know that."

You stood up from the bed and stared out the window.

"Do I?" you asked. "Where were you Darry?"

He stared down at his knuckles before revealing them to you. They were tattered and bloody. Before you could stop yourself you grabbed them and held them in your hands.

"You might hate me if I tell you, but I suppose you hate me already," His hands twitched in yours. "Your brother said the name of the soc who got him when he was first in the hospital. It was while you were out getting yourself some coffee, he had asked me not to tell you though. He didn't want any bad blood between his sister and some stupid soc. Needless to say, with a little help from Tim I gave that soc the worst beating he's ever gotten."

"Darry," you sighed. "I really wish you wouldn't have-"

"I know you do, but my brother asked me to."

"Your brother?" You asked.

"Yes. Y/N marrying wasn't a mistake and it never will be. I don't know why I said that, but I promise you I didn't mean it. Never in a million years would I want to be apart from you. I love you."

He stared into your eyes the whole time and wiped your tears when they fell down your cheeks.

"I love you too Darry," You whispered before looking at his lips.

He looked at yours and then looked into your eyes.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked.

"We're married, you can do whatever you want," you laughed.

He moved his hands down to your waist and placed his lips gently on yours.

Pulling away, to where his lips barely grazed yours, he asked, "Whatever I want you said?"

You nodded, beaming up at him.

"Well in that case-" He picked you up and threw you on the bed...

AND THEN TICKLED THE CRAP OUT OF YOU AHAHAHHAHAHHAAHHAAHHA BET YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE ABOUT TO DO THE NASTY, UH NO. YOU. THOUGHT. WRONG. I LITERALLY JUST TOLD YOU THE WALLS WERE PAPER THIN ;]