DARRY- be wrong, see if i care

(You guys should know I'm somewhere very special right now. You'll get an update tomorrow as to where. Make guesses if you want! 💕)

A loud screaming was heard from blocks away.

"DARRY!!"

Sitting on the front porch, picking mud out from his work shoes, I watched as Darry's ears perked up. He looked at me, eyebrows furrowed.

I shrugged, "it wasn't me."

"SODA, DARRY HELP!"

Darry set his shoes down and poked his head out, looking down the road. I stood up and joined him. He squinted, not seeing anything.

Me, on the other hand, had really good vision and could clearly see his kid brother getting jumped. My heart dropped to the floor.

"Holy-" I gasped. "It's pony!!"

"What?"

"He's getting jumped!"

On that note, Darry took off at a dead run to pony. It took me a few moments to regain the feeling in my legs, but when I did I called soda's name.

"What's going on??" He asked, stepping outside.

"Down- road- pony-," I tried to cram all my thoughts into one statement.

"Huh?" He turned his head to the side.

"Just-" I grabbed his hand and dragged him along with me, chasing after Darry. The rest of the boys came tumbling out of the house the third time Pony cried for help.

One by one the socs dissipated off of Pony. As the gang chased them out of the neighborhood, Pony laid on the ground, white as a ghost. I sat down on the ground next to him and he raised up. His eyes were brimmed with tears.

"You okay pony?" I asked.

"Darry's gonna Kill me," he whispered, fear in his eyes.

It was almost comical to me. He fears his older brother more than the boys who just about cut him to ribbons.

Right on cue Darry staggered over, barking, "what were you doing out alone?!"

"I was seeing a movie," Pony mumbled, not loud enough for Darry to hear.

"You what?" Darry hissed.

Pony looked to me for help.

"He was being a kid," I stood up and wiped my hands on my jeans. "He was out seeing a movie, just like kids should be able to."

"He ain't no kid," Darry returned.

"He's fourteen Darry," I looked over at Pony, who had finally gathered the strength to stand up from the ground. "That's kid enough."

"Yeah well he should have at least carried a blade with him," Darry said.

Soda joined in, "yeah and give them a reason to rip him to shreds."

"Thank you soda," I pointed at him,"He's got it right."

Darry rolled his eyes. "I stand by what I said, Pony you need a blade."

"Fine ignore me and be wrong," I butted in again, "see if I care."

Steve, soda, and Twobit all snickered. Darry glared at me, but couldn't keep his creeping grin of off his face.

"Yeah you should know by now, man," Dallas pulled on Darry's shoulder. "She's always right."

"Yeah whatever," Darry started walking home, everyone else following him.

Pony fell in line beside me. "Thanks" he said.

"Sure. How's you're face?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He questioned.

"You got cut, just below your chin," I answered.

"I did?"

I dabbed his chin with my sleeve and showed him the blood.

"Oh," he whispered.

"You'll have a cool scar," I nudged him.

He smiled lightly, picking up the pace after he realized we had slowly fallen behind the rest and catching up to talk to Johnny. I jogged up to Darry.

"Don't be mad at me," I gave him puppy dog eyes.

"For what?" He asked, letting me know he already dropped the situation. But knowing he dropped it already made me want to bring it back up.

"For totally one upping you back there."

"Did not," he muttered.

"Did too." I poked him.

"Did not." He poked me back, smiling.

"Did too."

"Did not."

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"DID TOO!"

"DID NOT!"

"DI-"

"FOR THE LOVE OF- SHUT UP!!" Dallas threw a stick at us.

(THIS IS SO BAD AHSNAKKS)