SODAPOP- wrong brother

So before I start this chapter I need to say some things. I love you all so, so , so very much. You guys have given me such good writing material and have been my good friends for years now. Finally, after years of working for it, I got to go to Tulsa. I got to go on the outsiders tour. I 100% recommend it.

I cant put all of the photos I took on here so I'll sort of spread them out through the next few chapters. I have a few things to say about my experience.

Inside the house is literally a dream. Me and my mom joked that I was probably going to cry when I walked inside. I was doing good, i was perfectly fine, cracking jokes with a man who helped run the museum.

But then I stepped into the kitchen. It's so freaking adorable and me, being the baker I am, started giggling at the little stove and the matching fridge. I stood there staring at the photos on the wall and muttering random words. I was fangirling to say the least.

My stability was all lost, and by the stupidest thing too. I was told to open the fridge and inside.... you guys can probably guess.

TWOBITS EMPTY BEER BOTTLES, AND A FREAKING CHOCOLATE CAKE. that was it. I felt like I was standing in the kitchen with the gang. I looked over, a little bit past the wall and saw pony and sodas bedroom.

I felt the tears start to come and I felt so stupid. Gosh could you imagine if Dallas saw me cry over a chocolate cake. I'd be a laughing stalk to him.

But I couldn't help it, it was so stinkin adorable. Luckily I stopped crying before anyone saw me. My momma took my picture pretending to cook and wash dishes.

Inside the bathroom is ROB LOWES FREAKING TOWEL THAT TOUCHED HIS ASS WHICH WE ALL KNOW I WANTED TO STEAL, but it's whatever, I played it cool man. (I totally took all the pictures).

There's this trash can that has rust in the shape of Matt Dillion's face on it and I laughed for like ten minutes over that. Matt Dillion is a trash can. That's comedy gold. WAIT NO IM CRYING AGAIN I SAID GOLD.

but this isn't the best part. I was leaving the the store and instead of saying goodbye I said "stay gold."

And the lady responded with "you too baby, do it for johnny"

I MENTALLY SOBBED GUYS AHSHAJDN. THEY ARE ALL SO SWEET.

then we got back on the bus and a little kid asked the tour guide "where did men, guh, the man, who uh- the. Um.... guys. You know?"

*tour guide stares in confusion* "uhhhh, yeah I got none of that."

The boys godfather (the man I was cracking jokes with) kindly translated for everyone on the bus. "What he said was, where are the boys who lived in the house? Why aren't they there?"

I said in response,"I wanna know that too!"

And The Godfather pointed at me and said "yeah I think she feels your pain."

Then we sat down and started going and they explained how, for the sake of the young boys innocence, they told him that Dallas got revived after the shooting scene. To which I responded "yeah I tell myself that too!"

BUT THE GOOD TIMES KEPT ROLLIN' LIKE THE 3:15 TRAIN TO WINDREXVIL.

The tour guide was taking us home and decided to try and cut across the train tracks. Which, as you all know, has a significance. And upon turning he said "let's hope the trains not on the tracks today, we don't want to end up like the Curtis parents."

WHEN I TELL YOU MY JAW DROPPED I MEAN IT FLEW ALL THE WAY BACK TO MY HOMETOWN IN TEXAS. But then I laughed because hey! The man saw his chance and he took it!

THEN WE SAW THE FREAKING TRAIN AND ALMOST DIED LIKE THE CURTIS PARENTS DID.

so I mean, all in all. Pretty exciting would risk my life again. And pro tip- sit on the ride side of the bus if you go on the tour because you'll get better pictures.

Love you all,

Thank you for being the greatest readers I could ever have.

And now for the story

I waited on my front porch, drumming my fingers against my chins and tapping my foot on the concrete. From down the road I heard Darry's truck rumbling. Sodapop pulled into my driveway and gave me a movie star smile.

I trotted to the passenger side and got inside.

"You did it!" I exclaimed, kissing his cheek.

He looked in the review mirror and blushed when he saw my lipstick stain.

"So where to," he asked, backing out of my driveway.

"Let's just go park somewhere," I stared into his eyes. I've never given anyone the look before, but this was me attempting it.

"Are you sure?" He sped up, slightly going over the speed limit.

I twirled a strand of my hair, "uh-huh."

He swallowed hard and didn't say anything until he pulled into the lot.

"Is this good?"

I ignored him and leaned over the console and started kissing him. He reached behind me and leaned my seat back. It was kind of funny watching him climb over the console, but in the moment I didn't laugh.

We went back to kissing, his mouth slowly trailing down to my neck.

"Ugh," I moaned, "Darry!"

His kisses came to a screeching halt and he looked up at me with complete betrayal in his eyes. My lipstick was smeared all over his face.

"Have you been-" I cut him off by pointing out the window.

Darry scowled at the two of us, making out in his truck. Which, Soda has stole.

"Out," he yanked the door open and pulled Soda off of me.

I felt my face beating up. Not only did he just catch us making out, but he also was about to kill us for stealing his truck. I hopped out of the truck and hid behind Soda.

Darry scowled at the both of us, before sighing. "Walk her home, then get your ass back to your room and go to sleep, horn dog."

I finally could breathe again. That was the extent of his lecture.

He climbed in his truck. Before shutting the door he said, "do this again I'll ground you for life."

That was an empty promise. Darry could never really be mad at Soda.

*

"So," Soda said, standing on my front porch facing me. "Sorry I started to accuse you of... you know."

"It's okay," I shrugged. "But you should know he's not my favorite Curtis brother."

Soda's cheeks turned red and he kissed me.

"Pony is," I giggled and hurried inside before he could say anything else.

I watched him through my bedroom window, he was smiling and shaking his head.

Man I sure do love him.