JOHNNY- Character Development

(Since I owe you guys a happy one-shot here's this! It's kind of similar to one I've written before, but as you ladies have probably noticed I repeat plots sometimes, and throw in some new twists <3)

About three years ago I moved down to Tulsa to help my grandma take care of her house and get it ready to sell. I moved down here thinking it was only temporary, but after seeing how effected by Grandpa's death grandma was I decided I should stay and keep her company. She sold her mansion in 'soc-ville' within a year of me being here and moved next door to the Curtis'. 

I'm not an uptight girl, back at home in Texas I lived in a tiny one story house like the one we live in now. But it surprised me that Grandma would ever move into a neighborhood as trashy as this one. She saved all the money she made from the house and from her sold belongings, which was a lot, and she stayed in the slums. 

Not that I'm complaining. I didn't know at the time that I would be neighbors with my future best friends. When we moved in to the new house I was struggling carrying my boxes inside. I finally gave up and leaned against the tailgate of Grandpa's old truck. Grandma had me drive it while she drove her car, she said his truck was mine if I wanted it. I gladly accepted. 

I had looked across the yard and saw the gang tossing around a football. Standing up straight I walked across the yard. Dallas Winston, who I had already heard of looked me up and down. I smiled at the eldest and strongest, who I now knew as Darry.

"You guys look like you've got big muscles," I smiled through my words, trying to win them over, "would a couple of you mind helping me and my grandma move some boxes in the house?"

Ponyboy swallowed the water he was drinking and huffed, "Gee your accents strong!"

"You're from Texas ain't you?" Two-bit asked.

I laughed and agreed then stuck my hand out to shake his, "I'm Y/N. My Grandma just bought the house next door, I'll be staying with her for awhile." 

"Well I'm Darry, these are my brothers Sodapop and Ponyboy," he pointed to them as he spoke, "That's Steve, Two-bit, Dallas, and this here's Johnny."

"If we help you are you gonna buy us dinner or something?" Steve joked, setting the football down on the porch. 

"Come on now," Darry shot him a glare and I laughed.

"Sure," I laughed, "You guys'll have to pick somewhere because I have no clue what's on this side of town."

"Oh you'll have to try the Dingo," pony nodded matter-of-factly, "It's the best grub around."

As we started grabbing boxes from the back of the truck Grandma had stepped out of the house and shot me a confused look. She made her way over to me as the boys carried boxes inside.

"How is it," she asked, "That we aren't even here more than two hours and you've already found seven sweaty men to trip over themselves to carry boxes for you?"