DARRY- maybe i should stay home instead

"Okay please make sure not to yell at Pony too much," I told Darry as he walked me out to my car.

"I won't," He opened my door for me and waited for me to get inside before leaning down to kiss me, "tell your mom hi for me."

"I will," I buckled myself and turned my keys to start the ignition.

"I Love you and I'll see you later," He said.

"I love you too."

I had a bad feeling about leaving all the boys alone for a few hours, but I promised Mom I'd meet her for a birthday dinner. I turned twenty-five a few days ago but hadn't had any time to meet up with her. I moved in with the Curtis brothers, which meant a moved a few hours away from her. She wasn't too thrilled about the idea of me living with three boys and four who come and go whenever they want, but after actually meeting the Curtis brothers she felt a little better. We didn't dare let her meet Dally though.

I knew they'd be fine alone, they survived alone together years before I came along. Although I don't know-how, it's like they collectively share one brain cell. But then again, they're boys. Still, as I pulled out of the driveway, I had an itching idea that maybe I should stay home instead.

* (switch to Darry's point of view)

"Truth or Dare, Darry?" Two-bit asked me.

"Truth," I answered.

"Wimp. How long did it take you to ask Y/N out?" stood up and peeked at the records Pony was flipping through. He pointed at a Van Morrison record and pulled it out of the stack.

"Two weeks. Uhhhhmmm... Soda, truth or dare."

"Dare."

I wasn't expecting him to pick that, I didn't have a dare for him. I glanced around the living room and outside the window, I saw Y/N's favorite blouse hanging on the close line.

"Dress up as Y/N," I said, off the top of my head.

"Is this some sort of kink?" Dallas said under his breath.

Soda agreed, as if he had a choice, we always had to follow through with our dares. That was the rule with us. One time, Steve just about knocked his tooth out because Dallas dared him to take a running start and slam face-first into the chain-link fence outside. There usually logic to our dares just whatever came to mind at the moment.

I rummaged through the closet and tossed him her red high heels, a skirt, and a blazer. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have given him the clothes she treasures the most. Too little too late. He was too tall for her skirt to fit him right, and the blazer looked stupid with his regular t-shirt -nderneath.

Pony tossed Soda her make-up bag and Soda started making a pitiful attempt at recreating her makeup look. Two-bit and Johnny had tears in their eyes they were laughing so hard. Soda pressed her lipstick to his lips a little too hard and it broke off and fell onto the floor. We all stared down at it. I don't know what everyone else was feeling, but I was feeling pure guilt and regret.

"Maybe we should stop," Pony suggested, starting to pack her makeup back up and dropping her eye shadow in the process. the gold powder puffed out everywhere. "Well, crap. She's gonna kill me."

"She won't kill you she loves you," Steve said. "when she realizes Soda ripped the butt of her skirt she might kill him though."

"What?!" Soda spun around, trying to see the butt of the skirt, but he tripped over the heels and landing on the dropped make-up. Y/N's red lipstick smeared all over the sleeve of her blazer. He started to get up, but I stopped him.

"Just- nobody move." I reached down and grabbed ahold of her heels to pull them off of Soda's feet. "I'm just going to take them off and CAREFULLY put them back in the closet."

My heart sunk when I noticed I had the broken off heel in one hand and the sole of the shoe in the other. I groaned and threw the shoe across the room. Panic filled me when I saw Y/N's headlights through the window. She's home.

"Hide," I pointed Soda to the Shower and he quickly crawled inside. The rest of us scattered across the house and tried to look casual. Two-bit couldn't wipe the smile off his face. I hoped she wouldn't think too much of that because that's typical behavior for him.

She stepped inside and tossed her keys on the kitchen table and hung her purse up on the coat hanger.

"H-hey," my voice cracked and she stared at me in confusion. "How was dinner."

"It was good," she said, suspicion in her eyes. "is everything okay?"

"Y-yeah," I said. I couldn't stop stuttering.

"Okay..." I could tell by her tone she didn't believe me. "I'm gonna go shower."

"Okay," I said. She left the room and Pony's head whipped around with a startled expression.

"She's gonna find Soda!" he whisper-screamed.

Right on cue, I heard her call my name, then burst out laughing. I couldn't help but smile a little bit when I heard her laugh. Quickly, I went into the bathroom where Soda was giving her a life-drunken smile while she was doubled over laughing.

"I thought you would be mad at me," He chuckled.

"Oh yeah," she nodded. "I'm totally gonna kill you for this, but you look so stupid right now I just- HAHAHA."

"It was actually my idea," I came to Soda's defense. "See I thought the heels would be a little-"

She stopped laughing and looked at me with wide eyes, "my heels were involved in this? Not the red ones right?"

"I- uh."

She pushed past me and searched for the dismembered heels I had thrown across the room. Flicking the light on, she saw them laying at her feet.

"Awe man," she huffed.

"Is she mad at me for breaking her eye makeup?" Pony asked, poking his head into the room.

"My eye makeup?!" She exclaimed.

Pony's face flushed of all color when she turned his way.

I could already tell, we were all on her bad side right now.

(I kinda sorta, maybe, had a load of fun writing this one.)