Chapter 1.💞

Fourteen

Fourteen. I've been living on my own since I was 14. It was me and brother but he passed away earlier this year. People run they mouth and say it was a suicide but I know it was a murder. He use to sell drugs to pay bills and things and to keep clothes on our backs and food in our stomach. But I knew I couldn't do that so I work at the corner store down the street. People say I act to grown for my age but I got to grow up it's life. Today I walked home in the rain it's been raining for 3 days straight. And now my hair that was flat ironed is now curly. Great. I heard a car pulling up behind me. I turned around it was a nice black Mercedes Benz. "Look ion want no trouble please leave me alone." I said. "And ion want to start nun. You need a ride shorty?" I heard a deep voice. "Well I was raised to not get in cars with strangers so I'm good I'll walk." I said looking into the car. "Well my name is Rashad so I ain't a stranger no more." He said smiling. "Just get in the damn car I know you cold." He said. I felt uneasy about the situation. I huffed and opened the car door. I got a good look at his face. He looked so good I never seen him before. I got in the front seat and shut the door. He began to drive. "Soo what's yo name?" He said looking at me. "Aaliyah." I said under my breath. "Why was you walking in the rain ...where yo peoples at ?" He asked. "Well I don't really got any people's the only one I had was my brother. And he passed earlier this year." I said hesitant. "I've been living by myself ever since then." I added. I've completely lost it. I don't know this nigga and I'm telling him my business wtf. "How can you live by yo self you don't look nothing but fifteen." He said scrunching up his face. "Actually nigga I'm sixteen." I said. "Oh okay my bad! Chill." He said holding up his hands. He was cute but he looked about 19 or 20. He had face tats. He had pretty brown eyes and he was light skin. And he had waves. "Aye ima take you in and you gone live with me." He said confidently. "Umm no I don't think that's a good idea how can I trust you." I asked uneasy. "You just gone have to." He said scratching his head. "How old are you Rashad?" I asked. "Shawty that's confidential." He said smiling. I pulled out my phone outta my MCM bag. He looked over. "Oh so you got it like that ?" He said smiling. "Boy you ain't got to worry about what I got. I'm straight." I said. "Can you take me to my apartment?" I asked. "Yeah where it at ?" He asked me. We pulled up and I sighed as I got out the car. It was so quiet ever since my brother was gone. I got my MCM bag that had all my money in it. And got my bag and filled it with all my clothes and shoes. "Damn brought yo whole house." He said laughing. "Duh nigga." I said rolling my eyes. We made our way to his house. He lived in a pretty nice house. Pretty far from where I stayed. I never been outta my city unless I left with my brother. Everything was so different where Rashad lived.

Rashad POVI unlocked the front door

Rashad POV
I unlocked the front door. With Aaliyah following closely behind me. Ty, Antonio (Ant), and Jeremiah were sitting in the living smoking a blunt. "Aye you got asthma ?" I asked laughing. She shook her head no and sat beside me on the couch. "Lord don't tell me you dating a girl Marcus's age." Ty said laughing. "Nahh Aye y'all this is Aaliyah.And I'm taking her in." I said pointing to her. "Boy you can't even take care of yo damn self." Ant said laughing. "Aaliyah this is Ant, Ty and Jeremiah." I said introducing them. She waved to them. "You can stay in my room til I get some stuff for your room." She nodded. "So you can't speak now ?" I said. "My fault." She said laughing. She had a pretty smile. I seen the pain and betrayal in her face. She could hide it from everyone else but not me. "Can you show me where your room is so I can put my stuff up?" She asked I nodded and made my way up the steps. When we got to the room she sighed and plopped her self on the bed. "What's wrong with you ?" I asked raising my eyebrow. "Nothing I'm just tired." She said. "Can I take a shower?" She asked. "Yeah the towels and shit is in the closet in the bathroom." I said while taking off my shirt and putting on a white tee. She just kept staring at me and didn't take her eyes off me. "Sorry." She said blushing. I just smiled "You good." I said. She went into the bathroom. And I made my way downstairs.
------------------------
Hey y'all ! This is my very first book ..so I'm not that good at writing ! But what did y'all think ? 💞 Comment, Vote, Share 💞 more to come ! 😊