Chapter 13: Ferris wheels and secret fears, Jess POV, Louis POV

Jess's POV

Holy crap! Louis' holding my hand and taking me on a rollercoaster!

i mentally fangirled inside as he dragged me on the Screamer...it was getting late and we decided to take a break from the thrill rides. Louis suddenly decided he wanted to go on the Ferris and proceeded to drag me over there. I suddenly felt like i was gonna be sick. i am super scared of heights, but Louis really wanted to go on it, so i put on a brave face and decided to go on it with him. We got in the gondola and away we went. I shut my eyes and tried breathing deeply and slowly and it seemed to be working...

Louis POV

I was enjoying the view out the gondola window when suddenly i was aware of Jess hyperventilating next to me. "Hey whats wrong?" i asked, concerned suddenly. She took a deep breath before speaking, "I guess i should've mentioned to you that i'm terrified of heights" she said quietly and she closed her eyes again and tried to take deep calmimg breaths. I suddenly felt horrible that i had dragged her on this ride. I put my arm around her and pulled her close to me, "If i'd have known you were afraid of heights, i would've never made you come on here...but what about the rollercoasters? you were fine on those" i said quietly as she looked up at me with those hypnotizng blue eyes, causing me to blush a little. "With rollercoasters, i never have to be up that high for very long and my adrenaline kicks in, thats why im okay with it...with the Ferris wheel, its slow and gradual and..." suddenly the ride came to a jerking stop, causing Jess to shriek and bury her face deeper into my chest. I wrapped my arms protectively around her, pulling her in for a hug, trying to comfort her. Suddenly a crackly voice came over the intercom, "Attention folks, one of the gears turning the wheel has jammed, so our maintenence staff is currently fixing the problem, please bear with us as we correct the issue" I looked at Jess, who had peeled her face away from my chest and was looking into my eyes, her expression telling me she was terrified. "How long do you think this'll take? she whispered, burying her face in my chest again. I looked out the window then back at her, "I really don't know love...i really don't know..." I said quietly, rubbing her shoulders soothingly as i heard her start sobbing...