Chapter 14: Safe in his arms, Jess POV, Louis POV

Jess's POV

Jesus Christ, i can't believe im crying in front of Louis Tomlinson on our very first...can i call this a date? Whatever, i have to stop crying! But i can't...but i HAVE to!

I took a deep shaky breath and stopped crying. "Are you okay love?" he asked me, staring deeply into my eyes, his voice full of concern. "I-I think s-so...as long as i don't look out the window, i'll be fine", i said with a shaky laugh. Louis' face broke into a smile, "Well that's good then...it absolutely broke my heart to see you that scared over something that I dragged you onto..." he said as he brushed a lock of hair away from my face, wiping some of my tears away as well, his fingers lingering on my cheek for a few seconds...

Louis POV

Okay Lou, this is it! If you don't kiss her now, you may not get another chance! Now or never...

With that, i cupped her cheek in my hand and pulled her face towards mine. She didn't seem to want to pull away, which im sure was a good sign. When our faces were mere centimeters apart, i hesitated for a minute, but looking into her eyes erased that thought and with that, our lips connected. I immediately felt fireworks and at first, i thought she wasn't kissing me back, but oh how wrong i was! Our lips began to move perfectly in sync and i didn't want the kiss to end. Her lips were like a drug that i needed more of, but it had to stop when we started to run out of oxygen. We finally broke apart, panting. I looked at her, her cheeks were tinted with blush and she was smiling at me. "Wow" i muttered after about a minute of silence. "So" said Jess quietly, "What does this mean? Does this mean i'm worthy enough to be kissed by you?". All i could do was look at her, her cheeks tinted with blush and her eyes twinkling, and think how beautiful she looked. "How the hell could you think you're not worthy enough for anyone? You don't know how beautiful you are" I said with sincerity as i kissed her forehead lightly, causing her to blush again. Suddenly the gondola lurched violently, causing Jess to shriek and bury her face into my chest again, which i happily welcomed. A voice came over the intercom again, Attention folks, we have corrected the problem with the gear, we should have yall down in a jiffy. " Well damn, i was hoping it would stay jammed for a little while longer, i thought to myself as the ferris wheel began to make its decent. The entire way down, Jess's head was resting on my chest, eyes closed, and my arm was wrapped protectively around her shoulders and my free hand was absentmindedly playing with her hair. Our gondola finally made it to the bottom and i could see the rest of the lads, Danielle and Maddie waiting at the bottom. They ran over to us, relieved that we were okay.