Chapter 22: Well well, what do we have here? Louis POV, Jess POV

Louis POV

Setting Maddie up with Niall?! Thats so crazy!! So crazy it might just work...

I grabbed Jess's hand and dragged her towards her car, considering i had hopped on the bus to get here...20 minutes later we arrived back at the flat to find it empty, or so i thought. i heard music playing from the far end of the house. Jess walked in after me and glanced around the living room area, "Hey, where are the guys? And i thought Maddie was here" she asked me, confused. I glanced down the hallway, where the music was coming from. "The boys went to town to get food, i guess they're not back yet and i'm sure Maddie's around here somewhere, but wait here, i think Niall left his stereo blasting loud again, he should still be here, im gonna tell him to turn it down, I'll be right back" i said as Jess shrugged her shoulders and headed into the kitchen to make a sandwich. Typical Niall, leaving his stereo on blasting loud when no one else is home, i'm gonna go tell him to turn it down so he doesn't wake the dead... i thought to myself with a laugh. I walked down the hallway and opened the door to Niall's room only to find Niall and Maddie in full on makeout mode. I cleared my throat to alert them of my presence, causing them to jump apart in surprise. "Umm i came in here to tell you to turn down your stereo...but i see you're busy" i said, trying not to laugh at the surprised looks on both of their faces. Niall threw me a dirty look, "Dude, there's this common courtesy called knocking, ever heard of it?" he said, still a little upset that his makeout session had been interrupted. "Hey babe! Where do you keep the bologna in this place...oh, did i interrupt something?" Jess had wandered down the hallway wondering where i went, only to walk in on Niall and I having our little spat...

Jess's POV

"Hey babe! Where do you keep the bologna in this place...oh, did i interrupt something?". I had wondered what was taking Louis so long, so i went searching for him. i found him in Niall's room, with Niall staring daggers at him and Maddie just sitting on Niall's bed, looking a mixture of embarressed and pleased with herself. I gave a questioning look and she shot one back which seemed to say i'll explain later. "So Maddie...i guess i have you to thank for fixing the rift between Louis and I...If you hadn't have intervened, i still wouldn't be speaking to Lou" i said, glancing lovingly over at Louis, who was now in conversation with Niall. "So...what did Louis interrupt?" i said, lowering my voice to a whisper. "Not here, lets go out on the balcony...we'll be right back boys" said Maddie quickly as she dragged me out of Niall's room...When we made it out to the balcony and Maddie closed the sliding door behind her, thats when she started to spill her guts. "Okay, so i came over here to yell at Louis and to tell him to get his shit together and fix things between you two. After i set that all up and he left, i saw Niall looking kind of sad, so naturally, i asked him what was wrong and that we should talk about it, considering we had become really good friends. He said he was having a moral dilemma: He really liked this girl who he swore only saw him as just a friend, so he was wondering what he should do...to act on those feelings or just to keep them hidden...I thought he was talking about a different girl and i was kind of crushed. But i put on a brave face and i gave him the best advice i could, i said that i was in the same situation myself and it sucks not knowing how the other person feels, so i told him to put himself out there, what did he have to lose. But thats when he confessed that he'd had a crush on ME since the day we met, and then that led to-", suddenly Maddie started to blush like mad because suddenly she could see Niall and Louis in the living room looking at us and made brief eye contact with Niall. I suddenly clued in, "Omg, Louis walked in on you guys making out didn't he? DIDN'T HE? And on another note, is that a hickey i see?" i said, slapping Maddie on the arm and pointing to the bruise on her neck. Maddie nodded, her face red as a tomato. I caught Niall's eye too and gave him a thumbs up. "That is soo funny that this would happen today of all days cuz i was just saying to Louis that the next couple that needed to happen was you two, but i see that our work has been done for us, cmon, lets go hang out with OUR boys" i said happily, hugging Maddie and opening the sliding door...