Chapter 17: Just friends?! Screw that! Jess POV

Jess's POV

I spent the entire car ride back to our apartment staring out the window, daydreaming about Louis and the fact that we had kissed, not once, but twice tonite. "You alright over there Jess? You seem kinda daydreamy...what happened tonite? It was obviously good" said Maddie, snapping me out of my dreamlike state. "Huh? What? Oh sorry Mads" I said, giving my head a good shake. A few more minutes passed and we finally got home. I flopped on the living room couch and closed my eyes. I felt Maddie sit next to me, "Soooo? Did you guys kiss up there when the Ferris Wheel was broken? Didja didja?" I rolled my eyes and sat up, "Yes Maddie we did kiss up there...and it was magical...but that wasn't the last time we kissed. When we were heading to the cars, he pulled me behind another car and kissed me again. And he said i was beautiful, not once, but twice! Omg Maddie, i really think i may be falling for Louis William Tomlinson!" i said happily as we both jumped up and down. As we were jumped, i heard my phone buzz. i ran over and grabbed it and saw a text from Louis. I smiled like an idiot and opened up the text to read it...My mood went from happy to confused to angry to sad all in a matter of seconds... Hey there...this is the hardest text i've ever had to send some1 :(...I thought i was in love with you but i must've been confused...my breakup with my ex-girlfriend wasn't really that long ago and i must've wanted comfort and you were there...me and the boys are going on a cross country media tour for the next six weeks and they want to keep me distraction free while we are out there promoting our album...just...just 4get about me...it can never work between us...this happened 2 fast... try hanging out with some regular guys, enjoy normalcy...my life is far 2 complic8ed 4 u 2 b a part of right now...plz plz plz don't take this the wrong way, i loved the time we spent 2gether, but the lads don't think its healthy for me to try and keep up a long distance relationship while out promoting our album...maybe we should just stay friends...its not personal, it just business...im so so sorry :( Luv Louis...I didn't know whether i wanted to throw my phone at the wall or just burst into tears right there. "What did the text say? Was he declaring his undying love and proposing to you?" Maddie said excitedly. I shook my head and handed my phone over to her wordlessly, trying not to cry. She read the text and her eyes widened with shock. "What?! Its not personal, its just business?! What kind of bullshit is that?! Call him, call him right now and find out whats going on cuz some of those words sound like they came from his manager, NOT the boys or even Louis himself!" said Maddie, her words coming out a mile a minute. I just sat there, still trying to process what had just happened, my thoughts flowing a mile a minute. Does he really not want to see me or contact me? Does he really consider me a distraction? Happened too fast?! They say love can happen in an instant! And he was the one who told me not to change for anyone and that i was beautiful! Obviously he doesn't give enough of a shit to explore the possibility! Just friends? Screw him! Screw all of them! Suddenly the tears that had been threatening to overflow for the past few minutes started to pour out. Maddie saw this and pulled me into a hug, telling me everything was gonna be okay and he didn't know what he was missing out on...