Chapter 19: 5 and a half weeks later...Jess POV

FIVE AND A HALF WEEKS LATER...

Jess's POV

I was just climbing out of the shower when suddenly i heard my phone ring. Grumbling, i ran out of the bathroom to see who it was and saw it was Maddie. "Geez Mad, you've been at your sister's for like 3 days and you miss me already?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes and laughing. Maddie was staying at her sister's place across town for the next week watching her dogs while her sister was on a business trip. "Just shut up and turn your TV onto Channel 7! Hurry!" she said frantically. I grabbed the remote and flicked the TV to channel 7, only to find a 1D interview on there. "Really? a 1D interview? Haven't i suffered enough? Im turning it off" I said angrily into the phone, but Maddie cut me off again, "Now just hold on a second, this interview gets quite interesting...i would know, i recorded it earlier today...just trust me okay? " she said in a rush as she hung up the phone. I rolled my eyes and diverted my attention to the show again as the interviewer started speaking again, "Alright boys, im gonna ask the question that has been on EVERYONE'S mind...which of you guys are single? Raise your hand if you are" Right away Harry and Zayn raised their hands, Big surprise, i thought right away. Liam said he wasn't, No shocker there, Niall blushed slightly before hesitantly raising his hand, Hmm, interesting...he's never done THAT before..., i thought incrediously, But then i glanced at Louis, who had gone silent...He hadn't raised his hand, yet he wasn't mentioning any names..."Umm, i'd rather not go into details, but there IS someone i'm interested in, but i fear i may have screwed up with her big time" he said, his expression looking sad. "Well then, that's it for our show, we'll see you tommorrow when we interview Big Time Rush!" the announcer said in a chipper voice, but i was in complete shock over what Louis had said. H-he regretted what he did to me? But he thinks i was just a fling from his ex, He said he was confused, he said i shouldn't think about him anymore...Assuming he IS talking about me of course I thought to myself, not really daring to believe it...A few days had passed since the whole interview incident and i was trying so hard not to dwell on it. Maddie was coming home today after being at her sisters house for a week and frankly, i missed that crazy roommate of mine. Suddenly, my phone rang and i saw it was Maddie. I answered it on the 2nd ring, "What, did you get lost coming home? you were only gone like a week!'' I said, laughing into the phone. But Maddie sounded slightly panicked over the phone, "Umm, my car broke down near McGinty park, can you come and get me?" she said quickly. "Sure, sure, i'll be there in like 15 minutes, let me just get dressed first". I quickly threw some decent clothes on, grabbed my car keys and ran out the door. i made it to the park in record time. I parked my car, took the keys out of the ignition, threw them in my purse and got out of the car. I scanned the parking lot for Maddie's corvette, but i didn't see it. Well she did say that she broke down NEAR McGinty park...guess i should start walking, I thought, slightly irritated as i walked into the main part of the park. I went to all our usual meeting places to look for Maddie, but she wasn't there. Exhausted from looking, i leaned against the nearest lamppost and pulled out my phone to text Maddie. Umm HEY! WHERE THE HELL R U?! ive been looking everywhere 4 u? I hit send and tapped my foot irritably. Suddenly my phone dinged, Im right behind u luv... Luv?! Maddie NEVER refers to me as luv! The only person who does is...no...no...way, I whipped around to find Louis William Tomlinson standing behind me, holding Maddie's phone in his hand, his piercing blue eyes staring at me. My breath caught in my throat and involuntarily my eyes started to well up wth tears. I hadn't seen or spoken to Louis since we kissed that night at the boardwalk (well he did text me that message, but that doesn't count!). I blushed as i avoided his gaze to quickly wipe away the tears that had started to fall, "What are you doing here? And why do you have Maddie's phone? She never broke down did she?" I said quietly, finally looking Louis in the eyes...