Chapter 1

Harry is independent. He's young and single and isn't looking to settle down anytime soon.

Or at all.

He hasn't always been this way, of course. Growing up, he always believed in love. He just knew he'd be one of those guys who married early and settled down and had kids. But sour relationships that ended in cheating (his last being a two and a half year ordeal), turned his heart cold.

So right out of high school, he packed up and moved away from the heart ache of Holmes Chapel and moved to the heart of London for college. He's been there three years now and he has enjoyed himself. He's studying to be a lawyer and that truly takes up most of his time but he never shies away from a party or footie game either.

He lives with his roommate Zayn who's a bit of a mystery in himself. Harry feels like he's probably the one who knows most about Zayn and he considers him one of his best mates. Zayn loves art and is actually studying to be some hot shot artist of some kind. He's like Harry in the fact that he's not looking to settle down, strings and strings of girls coming in and out of the apartment at all hours of the night and day because he is undeniably attractive and charming. Harry's quite the charmer himself so they also go out together.

Harry unlocks the door to his flat with one arm filled with bags from Tesco and the other with take out from the new sushi place down the street. He always buys the groceries because he can't always depend on Zayn to be the responsible one. Art degrees don't take up much of his time apparently because he is always sleeping, going out, or playing FIFA. So, it's no surprise that he doesn't come running to help Harry with the groceries.

He does however, wake up from his nap when Harry's completely done and pulling out the sushi.

"Thanks for the help with the groceries." Harry scoffs, fixing them both some tea.

"Quit trying to domesticate me, Styles." He teases, mouth full of California Roll.

Harry scrunches his nose at the site but laughs anyway.

"So what's going on, tonight?" Harry asks, knowing that lots will be going on because it's a Friday night and there will be a footie game tomorrow, so everyone will be out.

"Niall told me about some party held by some of the footie players. Might be fun. Said that Doncaster boy would be there." Zayn muses with a gleam in his eye because yeah, Harry doesn't want a relationship but that Doncaster boy is fit.

Harry blushes thinking of him. Number 28. Harry thinks his name is Louis or Lewis or something. He doesn't really care what his name is, just might want a quick shag or something. Because Harry doesn't catch feelings and he doesn't do relationships.

He's been around the blue-eyed boy quite a bit because they both hang out around Niall, the loud Irish boy whom everyone seems to befriend. So, they've sort of hung out but not talked to each other directly. The prospect of the boy's possible appearance tonight though, makes Harry grab his credit card out of his wallet and drag Zayn to the local shopping center.

Harry's parents are very wealthy, owning most of the businesses in Holmes Chapel so money is nothing to him. He's also very into fashion so he uses every excuse he can to go shopping.

By the time Harry finds the perfect outfit, Zayn is dying of hunger and it's nearly time to meet Niall at the party.

They make a quick stop into Nandos and Harry's heart skips a beat when two people in front of him is the Doncaster lad.

--

Louis loves college. Everything about it. He can't believe he's a senior this year and will be graduating come the end of term. He's been a footie player since year 1 and he's super thankful for it because without it, he wouldn't be here. His family isn't poor but there is seven of them so saving up for something like college was hard.

So, he got super good at footie. He's loved it all his life and when he got offered a scholarship to play in London he was thrilled! There was no question. He left Doncaster and hasn't been back there much at all. He loves his family but his home is here.

He's known as quite the party-er and he has many friends. He's also not one to be in a relationship so he's always hooking up with someone. He doesn't seem himself in a relationship ever because of how his father left his mum. He doesn't want that so he doesn't look for it.

He lives with his best friend Liam who is nearly as strict as his own mum. Liam is not a footie player and is very much a book-worm. He's studying to become a doctor so Louis isn't surprised. But he also busts the boys balls about his nerdiness whenever he sees fit.

He's always dragging Liam to whatever party he goes to. Like tonight. His buddy Calvin is having a huge rager before the big game tomorrow and Louis is so pumped. He somehow convinces Liam to go with him and they decide to meet their friend Niall at Nandos before because Niall practically lives there.

They meet Niall and wait in a line that nearly stretches out the door. Louis is so bored of it so he gets excited when Niall spots a group of guys he knows and pulls him over to talk.

"Oi! Zayn, Harry! What's up, lads?" The two boys turn around.

Louis' freezes because stood in front of him is the most beautiful boy he's ever laid eyes on. He's got dark curly hair that's pulled up into a messy quiff and green eyes that Louis could nearly fall into. He's dressed in a simple jumper and black jeans with slits but Louis could drop down to his knees at his attractiveness. He's seen the boy before he thinks, at some parties but never sober or this close.

Louis is pretty confident himself and he doesn't miss the way the curly lad's cheeks blush when he flashes a smile at him.

"Hi boys. It's Louis. Nice to see you lot again." He says confidently, sticking a hand out to the boy.

The boy, Harold he thinks, shakes his hand and Louis knees turn to jelly as he sees how large the boys hands are.

"I'm Harry." And his voice, his gravelly voice sends a squeak up Louis' throat.

The group looks at him before he clears his throat.

"Sorry, ehm. Coming to the party tonight?"

"Yeah, we'll be there." The other boy, Zayn, Louis thinks, says.

"Well, see ya there then, Curly." He then winks at the boy and makes sure to swing his hips a bit as he walks away.