Chapter 38

Harry's thirty six weeks pregnant and swollen and cranky. Luckily, the twins decided on a movie day so he gets to lie on the couch. He didn't get any sleep the night before, babies going crazy as ever, so he's trying his best to stay awake now.

"Dada?"

"Yes Z?"

"Does your belly hurt?"

"No love. It just feels a bit stretched and heavy. It'll start hurting when the babies are ready to come. You know when your belly hurts from eating too much?"

He nods with wide eyes. Harry loves how curious his children are.

"Well Daddy's belly will hurt a bit like that when the babies want to come."

"Why babies hurt Dada?" He looks concerned now.

"Oh they don't do it on purpose love. It's to let me know they're ready to come."

"Why?"

Harry feels like this treading a bit too close to the sex talk and his babies are only TWO.

"Because when my tummy starts to hurt, I go to the hospital and the doctor helps the babies come."

"Did you eat them?"

"Eat what?"

"Da babies."

"No love. They grew inside of my belly."

"How they get in there?"

"How about some ice cream before Daddy gets home?"

Zayn quickly nods and Harry sighs in relief, happy in his success to distract the boy from his questions.

"Want some ice cream too Dada!" Capri squeaks.

"Think we'd all like to have some. Let daddy go get some."

He groans and tries three times to haul himself off the couch. He finally is able to get his balance and groans lowly at the severe pain in his back. He rubs the bottom of his belly.

"Ready when you are, babes." He says to the active babies under his heart.

Really he'd like them to stay until they're fully developed but he's just SO uncomfortable and achy and swollen. Dr. Malik says the babies are perfectly on track. No dilation and measuring ahead.

Harry is sensing a pattern in his pregnancies now.

Louis comes home to see all three pieces of his heart cuddled on the couch together, licking drips of ice cream of their spoons.

"Ice cream before dinner?"

"Yes. Your son was asking some questions about the babies in my belly."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. Like how they got there."

"Wonderful! Ice cream before dinner! I guess no ones hungry for dinner yet then?"

"Hmmm. How about a late afternoon nap and then we'll get ready to go?"

"Is that what my love requires?"

"I do."

"What about you babes? Tired?"

"Nooooo Dada!"

"Hmm. How about we play outside for a bit while Daddy has a rest?"

"Yeah Dada! Outside! Outside!"

"Come on, love. Let's get you comfy upstairs."

Louis helps a full Harry waddle up the stairs and into bed.

"Feeling ok, babe?"

"Yeah. Just have a bit of a stomach ache."