Chapter 43

Louis supposes he should be used to seeing Harry in a massive amount of pain from contractions but seeing him falling apart now in the car, right before his eyes is something he decides he'll never be able to handle.

They're nearly home now and Harry's been doing remarkably. He had a bit of a contraction on the interstate where all he did was lift from the seat and clutch onto the top of his stone hard belly with one hand and sort of whimper. But when groaned and started rubbing fervently at it Louis began to feel upset.

He hates seeing Harry in pain. He wishes so badly he could take it from him. It's not fair. He's so excited for the twins though and he thinks that's what's keeping him together. Anyway, they're so close to home and Louis actually thinks they'll be able to make it to the house without another contraction.

He's wrong, as luck would have it. Louis has always had pretty shit luck. Except for meeting Harry. But that wasn't luck. That was a blessing, fate maybe.

Anyway, he's wrong and Harry starts groaning. His eyebrows furrow and he grabs onto the dashboard.

"Hmmmm....."

He rubs a wide circle soothingly across his aching belly. Louis grabs his hand to squeeze but he wiggles it free and rubs his belly again. He throws his head back hitting the seat and continues groaning.

"Hhhhohhhhh.....hurry Lou....."

The contractions are around twelve minutes apart now and they've started getting pretty intense. Harry can barely speak thru the pain anymore.

He just wants to lie down.

"Pulling up, H!"

Louis parks and massages his palm into Harry's solid belly.

"So excited babe!"

Harry keeps his eyes closed and nods, doing his Lamaze breathing.

"Hhhhohhhhhhhhh......"

The pain finally ends and he's able to take a deep breath.

"Let's get you to bed."

The pair walk slowly up to the door and Louis unlocks it.

"Oh! Back already? I just put the kiddies to bed."

"Yeah, Harry's is having some pretty bad stomach cramps."

"Yeah? It's happening then?!" She squeals.

Harry winces and Louis nods.

"Yes! Should I take the kids with me? I don't mind!"

"That's ok, Gems. We'll just let them sleep. Niall promised he'd be the one to bring them to the hospital. You go home and get ready to head to the hospital soon!"

She smiles.

"So happy, Haz. You're gonna do great! Just like last time." She wraps him in a hug and he hugs back weakly, waiting for the next contraction.

She leaves and Louis helps Harry upstairs to the bedroom. He sits and rubs his belly again, breathing in slowly thru his nose and out his mouth. He stops when a contraction begins building in his belly. It tightens considerably and Harry gets up starting to rub ceaseless circles into it. It grows rock hard beneath his palms and he begins pacing.

"Hhhhhhhohhhhhhhh......"

He keeps his eyes closed and hands rubbing wide circles over his contracting belly. It's hard as stone and so painful.

"Ohhhhhh...my belly....." He moans and hums until the pain finally dies down.

He then goes to the bed and lies down.