Chapter 37

"She's great, Lou! I really love her!" Harry gushes that night to Louis over FaceTime.

"I told you, love. Let me see belly." He begs.

Harry rolls his eyes.

"Louuuuu, it hasn't been that long."

"Feels it. Let me see."

Harry pulls the phone down towards his tight t shirt.

"Uh no. Shirt up."

"Louuuuuu."

"Hazzzzza."

"Fine."

He lifts his shirt and Louis gasps.

"Even bigger."

"Whatever."

"How are you feeling, love?"

"Big. And exhausted. The kids were a handful tonight. Wish you were here." He sniffles.

Louis' heart lurches.

"I know, love. Don't cry, please. I'll be home in a bit. Why don't you head on to bed? You look knackered."

"I-I can't sleep without you. And the babies are kicking and I have a headache. Want you."

"I know baby. It's only a few more days."

"It's not fair. "

"It's a paycheck."

"We're rich enough!"

"H...."

"Just forget it. I've gotta go."

"Harry, please don't hang up angry."

"M'not angry."

"Upset."

"Not upset."

"Whatever you are, don't hang up until you're happy again."

"I'm not any of those things. Ugh. I'm sorry. I have a really bad headache and I just miss you."

"I miss you too, H. I'm sorry your head's hurting."

"T's not your fault."

"Kinda is. I'm causing you stress."

"You're making money for our family, Boo. Great money."

"Well...Daddy beat Italy today."

"I know, Boo. You know I watched you on TV. Zayn was so happy, he tried to call you after the game."

Louis frowns.

"Fookin' service. I didn't even get a missed call."

"It's ok, Boo. He forgot about it after Big Zayn let him draw in his art room."

They talk for a while longer until Harry can't take it anymore.

"Ugh. Boo. M'sorry, my head is killing me and this light isn't helping. I've gotta lie down. I love you."

"I love you more, Harry. Get some rest. I hope your head feels better."

"Ugh. Thanks, I just need sleep. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

Louis decides to go to bed himself. It's pretty late in Italy as well, being an hour ahead of London. He snuggles in and falls asleep after an hour of tossing and turning.

How does anyone ever sleep without Harry?

-

He's awoken by a noise some odd hours later and he's not sure what it is. He passes it off as a dream and closes his eyes again when he hears the noise again.