Chapter 44

"Get in the...ohhhh...emergency lane.." Harry moans out, moving his legs a bit to relieve the pain.

"What!! Haz! That's illegal and only for emergencies!"

He can't believe his usually straight arrow husband is itching to break the law. He's a footie player! He has to obey the law.

Harry pulls his legs closer into him as the pain increases.

"Mmmmmgh. LOUIS THIS IS A BLOODY EMERGENCY. Get in that lane or I swear I'll divorce you, you bloody idiot!!!"

Louis' a bit stunned but he's also never driven faster to get into the other lane. He throws his flashers on and what do you know?

A cop flags them over.

"Bloody hell. I knew it." Louis mumbled, rubbing his temples.

He's got a headache. He decides not to tell Harry about his head hurting though.

Somehow he thinks he won't care very much at the moment.

He groans in annoyance and rolls his window down.

"Everything all right lad? Saw your flashers." He looks at Harry and smiles knowingly.

"Labor, yeah? Just had one a few weeks back. Need an escort?"

Louis nods, thanking God for it because Harry's in some intense pain. The pair races towards the hospital.

"Shit! Gotta call our mums. You ok with that, Haz?"

Harry moans and Louis takes that as a yes. He rubs the poor boys thigh and dials his mum on Bluetooth speaker.

"Hi dear! We were waiting on you to finally call!"

"We?"

"Hi darling!"

"Anne?"

"Yes love, I'm at Anne's! Gemma told us Harry had come home with stomach cramps so we figured it was go time! You headed to the hospital?"

"Nearly there now."

"How's our boy?"

Harry groans and leans forward, face paling.

"M'gonna be sick, Lou."

Louis curses under his breath and practically throws a fast food bag under his mouth silently thanking himself for eating shit food and not cleaning up.

"He all right?" Anne asks hearing him get sick.

"Yeah..he ate at the party. Now he's paying for it."

Louis sighs, hand going to the back of Harry's head. He moans, gripping his middle again.

"I've gotta go! We're pulling in! Go ahead and head this way." Louis rushes out, hanging up before they answer.

"Come on lovely. Time to give me some babies." He says, helping Harry out of the car.

Harry doesn't bother opening his eyes, belly still locked in a contraction's grip. He presses his forehead into his arm and places it on the side of the car.

"Mmmm......."

"Easy, H.."

He groans low and deep as Louis just stands beside him, not knowing what to do. He'd help him only his arms are loaded down with Harry and the babies' stuff. He would put it down only Harry would kill him and he's not sure he could pick it back up.

It's bloody heavy.

Louis' almost certain it weighs more than his children will. The contraction ends and Harry looks at Louis with the saddest pout on his face.