Chapter 18

Zayn slips from the room to give the two some privacy as Louis stares wide eyed at Harry.

"W-what? I-"

"I needed you, Louis, and you weren't there for me."

Tears fill his eyes and he's so embarrassed because he wanted to be strong.

"Love, I am SO-"

"Love really? Louis..I..heard what you said."

"What did I say?!"

"To your friends today. I came in to get some wings and saw you there. I'm just, using your words, 'a good fuck'."

"Harry! You didn't hear the rest of what I was saying it was-"

"Why couldn't you have just left me alone? What-would-would no one else fuck you so you had to go to the pregnant boy?"

"Harry that's not it at all, I-Harry I love you."

"Bull shit, Louis! You couldn't even come when I called. And to think I met your mum and I-shit I introduced you to my mum. This is so embarrassing. You and your football mates probably had a good laugh about this one, huh?"

"Harry no! How can you say that? I love your family and mine adores you!"

"I think you should leave."

"What?"

"You're causing me stress and I'm not supposed to be stressed. It could cause pre-term labor. Just leave me alone, all right? I had sex with you so you got what you wanted out of me."

And Louis does. He walks away. He hates himself for it but he would die if he caused Harry to go into pre term labor. He hears Harry's loud cries behind him and winces.

--

He drives slowly to what was supposed to be his and Harry's shared flat. He goes to the big spacious nursery he was planning on setting up, lies down and cries.

It's over. He's lost it all.

And the worst part is-he didn't even do what Harry has accused him of. He was being NICE about him. And the only reason is phone was off was because he had no service! This isn't fair and he just wants to explain things to Harry but he's afraid if he tries, it'll stress Harry out.

Louis stomach drops when he thinks about the fact that this means he'll never meet the twins. The two kicking, rolling beings nestled in Harry's belly that he's grown to love, he'll never know. He was going to teach Zayn footie and protect Capri from all the creeps of the world. Now they'll never know him at all. It'll be as if he never existed to them.

Even worse is that someday they'll know another man. Another man will stand in as their father as Louis was going to and no, that can't happen. Those babies might not be related to him by blood but they're HIS.

He's just GOT to figure out how to get them and the love of his life back.

--

"Harry, they look almost identical! Just pick one!!!"

Two weeks later, Zayn, Harry, and his mum are all shopping for baby furniture to be set up at Anne's house. Harry's thirty-four weeks now and he's so big and the babies move constantly. He's actually sat in a chair now, unable to stand any long and also unable to decide between two cribs.

"Zayn this is an important decision, ok?? They'll have to sleep in it for at least the first year of their lives!! Stop yelling at me."

His eyes fill with tears and oh yeah, his emotions are all over the place. Zayn and Anne know it's due to pregnancy but they also sense it has something to do with missing Louis, too. Harry would never admit to it though.