Chapter 42

An hour later, he's nearly asleep, contractions forgotten when his belly is rocked again. This time the pain is way more intense and Harry waddles to the kitchen quickly.

He grips the back of a kitchen chair and buries his head in his arms swaying his hips. He groans deeply and presses his knuckles into his tense tummy. It goes on for a few more seconds and lessens. He paces the kitchen, exhaling deeply, finally giving up and doing his Lamaze breathing.

His belly is really hurting now.

He rubs wide circles onto it and throws his head back.

"Come on babies.....I really want to meet you too but I've got way too much going on today."

He grimaces as a wave of nausea wafts over him. He goes to the sink and breathes heavy.

He hears the front door open and curses.

"Honeyyyy, I'm hooooome!" Louis shouts.

"DA DA!!!" The twins screech.

"Hi loves! Where's your other daddy?"

The twins must've shrugged because Louis' calling his name again. He hears him walk through the kitchen and gasp.

"H, what's wrong?! Are you ok?"

"M'fine. I just got a bit nauseated is all. I'm ok."

"Are you still having contractions?"

"They were Braxton Hicks."

Harry's pretty sure Louis believes him about as much as he believes himself.

"Hmm ok..."

"What took you so long?" Harry asks, getting up from the sink and plastering his hands to his aching back.

"I'm sorry love. Pictures took bloody forever. Photographer was late. I texted you but I guess you didn't get it."

"Haven't looked at my phone. Sorry."

"We've got to be ready in about two hours. Want to rest until then?"

Harry knows that if he lies down, he'll give up completely and skip the party.

"No I'd like to shower."

"Ok...do you need help?"

"No. Go play with the kids. I'll be out in a minute."

"Call me if you need anything."

Louis walks out of the room and Harry starts the water, getting out a towel and a cloth. He gets under the water and let's it cascade down on his aching belly. He's only in the shower for a moment before pain wraps around his rock hard middle.

He groans and grips the shower bar. He should've taken a bath.

"Mmmmmmm.."

The pain is so bad, he's forced to bend over and hug his heaving tummy. He wants desperately to call out to Louis but doesn't want to admit defeat just yet.

He's very clearly in the throes of labor but his contractions are still thirty minutes apart.

If he's lucky he can stay at Zayn's for an hour.

He doesn't know how he's going to hide this from Louis but he has to.

-

"Ok Gems. They should eat dinner and get a bath and probably head on to bed. So you can just head to our house after dinner. We won't stay long because Harry gets so uncomfortable. You know."

"I'm aware, Lou. He's near to bursting. Have fun, stop worrying!"

"I'm more worried about him than them to be honest. He's been cramping."